1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

I was (failing [​IMG]) at getting around all the st pattys parade shit on sunday and had sherman on BT in the car. my GF, bless her little knowledge of alden having heart, was enjoying the conversation.

2. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior member

These are killer! Your boot game is on point anymore. These or the Black Leffot Naval boots are going to have to be my first black shell boot.

I wouldn't even feel right spoilering these. Amazing, DV! Easily in my Top 3 Alden makeups. Lawn is looking pretty healthy as always!

I'm right there with you! If I had to guess, I'd say on the high-end of that too. I'm not expecting them until September. If they surprise us earlier, that's fine too!

Hahaha, I often wonder whether he has a full time shoe-shiner who carries a deer bone and horsehair brushes to Mike Method them every 20 yards.

3. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior member

Traffic was killer in the city Sunday if you were going to that location. There's also an Ardmore location and I think another one in Montgomeryville? I'm only 10 minutes from the Ardmore location. It's convenient if I need Leather Defender, etc.

Haha, is it bad that your GF probably knew more about exotic Alden shell than the shoe store on speaker?

4. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

yeah I was at the westin, walked by their nearby shop but always after hours.

and sadly, yes, my gf is growing tired of "whiskey and ravello this and that"..

first pair of vibergs showed up the other day, as I was picking her up at the airport. she was not amused when I kept pulling up a pic on my phone of the 'bergs [​IMG]

5. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior member

Hahahaha, mine too. She loves anything Ravello that isn't an "old mans shoe" (which to her changes each time you ask), loves Alden boots but hates when I talk about Alden for more than 60 seconds or so. Yet she's the biggest enabler outside of @tifosi and @BenLeaman .

I want a pair of Brandy service boots so bad! What "bergs" did you pick up, haha? *slight thread-jacking*

6. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

just some lowly natty cxl from the last styleforum gmto. slowing dipping into viberg before I attempt their shell offerings.

7. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

My wife just gets mad when I bring up Aldens. But to be fair I did give her a good reason. For Sherman, just send them my 2014 purchase list...

-Mike

8. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

Might've been mentioned already, but got a nice email back from Context. Looking forward to their follow-up.

It is our intention to order this batch of Tankers with antique edge.
    We appreciate your concern, and because of the number of emails inquiring about the edge color we have reached out to Alden directly for confirmation.

We will follow up with you immediately upon hearing back from them.

9. unipair guy

unipair guy Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We tried a new style for our tassel loafers. Aberdeen last. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

10. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior member

I don't talk shoes with the wife. Saves me some trouble.

Good stuff. They only reference edge here. So does that mean the welt stays black?

Looking forward to hearing back on this (but I'm in regardless of welt/edge coloring)

11. walds11

walds11 Senior member

Sherman Brothers has 3 locations...Philly, Haverford and Montgomeryville. I am about 15 minutes from the Montgomeryville location. Ken runs the Haverford store, Mike runs the Montgomeryville store and I am not sure who runs the Philly store, never been to that location.

12. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Senior member

I ordered these Milkshake Suede LWBs from Alden San Francisco about a month ago, with the weather finally turning nice here in MD I decided to wear them for the first time today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

MDubs, how was Brick & Mortar new storefront?

14. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

I know I'm spending too much time on this site when I look at the sole of a shoe and get excited, but this looks really intriguing. I always topy my leather-soled shoes and have contemplated the integrated metal toe tap. I've got two pretty good cobblers here in downtown Pgh but neither has suggested anything like this. I think I'm going to show them this pic and get their thoughts.

15. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Way cool. I'm not a loafer guy but I would wear those.

16. esoxm

esoxm Senior member

A co-worker from Paris has this set up on all his shoes- from what he said its a pretty common treatment there. I've looked into having Bnelson do it for a few of my newish pairs, just haven't gotten around to sending them in.

17. Buckeye Nation

Buckeye Nation Senior member

Hey Guys - wearing my LS Choco Suede tankers today for the first time, and I feel like they need some additional contrast?

Any of you add tan colored laces or anything similar?

Cheers,
    BN

18. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

BN, I've purchased tan colored laces from LS and planning to try these with Chocos. I think this combo will look great with denim.

I might do it tonight and post some pics.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  19. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Senior member

I thought the same way with the LWBs I just posted. They came with matching laces so I emailed the shop and they promptly sent me two dark brown pair for free. Great service! I also ordered a purple pair from Amazon for when I'm feeling extra saucy [​IMG]

20. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Please don't. I am trying really hard not to buy a 4th Alden NST boot. Every picture of the Chocos breaks me down a little more.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.