1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Same. My last order, ironically the black naval boot, was the same. OOS online but I called and was able to complete the deposit over the phone.

2. postal007

postal007 Senior member

Snagged a pretty beat-up pair of Cigar chukkas on eBay this week. They came pretty beat-up looking. They may need a restoration soon, but I figured in the meantime I'll get a few wears out of them. I did some deer bone and Reno treatment.

Before:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  3. jfclarky

jfclarky Senior member

I was lucky enough to snag a pair this go round. Sat at my desk until 12 and kept hitting refresh. I guess being a desk-jokey has it upsides.

4. Carson

Carson Senior member

That's what you might call a "sunburst" finish in the guitar slinging world…. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  5. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

It was a nice spring day so I rocked the Commando trippers which had been boxed for 2 months.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  6. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Wonder if that's calf or shell. Either way, beautiful work. I would frame and hang.

7. Williampaul1969

Williampaul1969 Member

Quote:

I just emailed Leffot and am awaiting their reply. Thanks a lot for the tip. I have wanted these boots since i saw them last year. Lets hope they can do something for me.

@breck81 Che emailed me back informing me they could add me!! I was able to get on the Naval Boot run because of your tip. Thank you so much for letting me know. I am so damn pumped for these beautiful boots. Now trying to figure out a way to procure some whiskey/ravello/cigar shell boots within a reasonable amount of time.

2 people like this.
  8. marcusman

marcusman Active Member

I need some help guys. Very very frustrated in trying to get my size down in the Barrie last. Tried many sizes and now have purchased 3 LWB that I can wear but don't seem to fit well. I posted similar question a month or so ago and got several good suggestions. I'm an 11D/C width on the branock...literally right in the point between those 2 widths. Both feet measure in width by a ruler 4.0625. My right foot is just a hair short of an 11 length. Left is spot on 11 length. Moderately high archs. Ive tried: 10D to short, 10.5D heel slips and slightly to much volume. 11C has been the most comfortable but still slight heel slip. But my foot seems to "fit" into the 11C the best. But I am cinching the laces pretty close together. And seems still to much volume. I feel like the 11 length is good bc it feels like it fits into place. Should I venture into an 11B? Those are not readily available. So I'm scared to pull the trigger. I really love Alden's LWB style and am pretty disappointed by my failures. Any suggestions would be helpful and please realize I have read every thread on this topic...so in not being lazy...looking for similar experiences by others and thoughts/suggestions...thanks in advance! Marcus

9. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I have to say...it honestly sounds like the Barrie just doesn't work for your foot.

If you are trying on brand new shoes you are going to get heel slip no matter what IMHO.

Barrie has a super wide heel. A little heel slip doesn't bother me. My LWB are fully broken in and still slip a little. Length is spot on, though. That's life.

1 person likes this.
  10. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Right?? I have to assume it's calf but I could be fooled.

11. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Nice job. They look great love these chukka's.

12. jfclarky

jfclarky Senior member

Customary shoe I am wearing picture.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. breck81

breck81 Senior member

14. Don L

Don L Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  15. rosslovethreads

rosslovethreads Senior member

I feel like if I really wanted the leffot flavor of naval boots, I'd just pick up the jcrew pct and have the edge antiqued. I see that they don't have any in stock, but don't they usually? And for like $50 less.

Inn88's antique job looks solid. I've considered it, but I wear mine with suits a lot.

16. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

So I ran out and rechecked my sizing and decided that I actually like the fit of a 10.5D Barrie boot better than a 10D. Which means the Frans Boone #8 pt boot on crepe all brass eyelets is on its way to me. Saved another $15 in exchange rates too for the delay. I have to believe that there will be a price change in the future. These are coming to me, shipped for $690 more or less.

Asked for a quick quality check and was told the clerk would send me the pair he would want to be sent. Even though it's spring I'm psyched.

1 person likes this.
  17. rosslovethreads

rosslovethreads Senior member

Oh yeah, I left the shell in their bag today. Finally got these wet!
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Outstanding.
    Sweet ravellos don l.

19. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

Day 01 on Whiskey WTBoots, here come the rolls!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I tried to confirm that they were going to be antique edge. The SA that replied said yes, our tanker boot has always had an antique edge. I replied, "Sorry to drag this out, but your last batch had a black edge and the picture in your website still has the black edge." I then asked if he would confirm the antique edge. He still has not replied back over the last two days. I'm not sure if he was annoyed that I would ask, or what??? I'm not convinced they will be antique edge. And I'm not convinced he knows what an antique edge is.

[Edit: Just got the reply...
    "Every Cordovan #8 we've ordered through Alden has been made with the antiqued edge. Some batches are initially darker than other because of the handmade nature of the boot but they've all been ordered and made with the antique edge."]

Can anyone here confirm that all of their color 8 Alden makeups have come with antique edge??

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.