• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll even throw in a pair of Alden shoe trees. ^^^
wink.gif
(and a couple hundred bucks)

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the lacing on those boots. Dislike going under on the second set of eyelets. All boots should be laced this way unless the styling is super casual, then I'd not go top side on the first pair of eyelets.

The #4 cap toe is unreal. I can't believe I missed out on some of these rare shells. :(

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:bounce2: Those #4s are fantastic! When was the last time that they were offered? And if anyone has a pair in 10 that are collecting dust, I'd be happy to give them a new home.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got a package from the Easter Bunny. :colgate:

Overall, I like the way that the pair I got isn't too dark.  But as we all painfully know by now, it really seems like no Alden is without any issue.  My pair also exhibits some color differences.  The toe of the left is darker than the vamp, then the vamp of the right is darker than the toe.  If they switched the skins, I think the colors would have matched better.  It's not bad and the ordinary person probably won't notice.  But I wish the people making these would have been a bit more fastidious and switched the skins for the better match. 

Where are people getting these shell Aldens from? And do they have all sizes available?

Last edited:

circleslife

Reaction score
Ravello and color 4 are my favorite shell colors. Blasphemous, I know....
Both are Barrie x the shoe mart. #4 ct, ravello sw.
That #4 captoe is outstanding. Wonder how you keep it so pristine. There's barely a crease there and the lustre it has is unbelievably pristine.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My goodness, this is some serious boot pron right there. Holy shell Batman!'
The depth in color on those pairs are amazing - can't even imagine what they look like irl. I'm sure you hear this countless times, but really such a superb collection.
edit: oops sorry, really need to lookup how do the spoiler technique for quoting post with images.
Wow, now those are fantastic looking boots - you're a man after my own heart, that's for sure.
Love boots.
This is too good to not quote again!
DV, those are amazingly nice. Beautiful. I love Ravello also!
-M
nod[1].gif

Blasphemy indeed.
smile.gif

Nice boots.
I'll trade you my new saddles for your ravello wingtip boots.
biggrin.gif
I love the lacing on those boots. Dislike going under on the second set of eyelets. All boots should be laced this way unless the styling is super casual, then I'd not go top side on the first pair of eyelets.
The #4 cap toe is unreal. I can't believe I missed out on some of these rare shells.
frown.gif
bounce2.gif
Those #4s are fantastic! When was the last time that they were offered? And if anyone has a pair in 10 that are collecting dust, I'd be happy to give them a new home.
thanks for the kind words gentlemen. Everyone's been killing it lately on this thread. its nice to see what you guys post on a daily basis.
wkl, these were a limited run from a couple of years ago. I don't want to say never, but it will be hard to track a pair down. and the size 10 doesn't help, that may be the most competitive size around here.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks BC. Not sure I hold them on equal ground, but I certainly hold both in high regard. Chrmxl certainly makes for a great casual shoe.
Sorry DV for not telling you immediately. You said "we were safe" because someone had already snagged the 10D. I said, "Safe? I guess..." I suppose I wanted to take a look at them first. I have had second thoughts about how much use I would get from them. The blue is some what sharp and greenish rather than navy. In any case, they will split time with my snuff LWB, tan PTB, brown chrmxl dovers, and my natty chrmxl LWBs. Ugh... when Will I wear all of my shell??!!
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

I've decided to keep them. If this shoe came out with brown chrmxl instead of the blue, I would jump on those too.
rtp, I think they look great. I can see you incorporating them into your rotation just fine. I'm happy you got them. now, easter fit photo please...
sorry, the ravello sw boots are staying home. forever.
That #4 captoe is outstanding. Wonder how you keep it so pristine. There's barely a crease there and the lustre it has is unbelievably pristine.
thank you circleslife. I wear these quite a bit, I really like them. I use trees and clean them with an old t-shirt after e wear. there must be something about this hide, they do show less rolls than other shells I have.

Last edited:

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ravello and color 4 are my favorite shell colors. Blasphemous, I know....
Both are Barrie x the shoe mart. #4 ct, ravello sw.
Proud to say I own both of these pairs, but Mr DV, how do yours get such a "wet look"? Do I need to gel my shoes or something?

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Proud to say I own both of these pairs, but Mr DV, how do yours get such a "wet look"? Do I need to gel my shoes or something?
I don't use much product on the boots. the wet look is likely a result of my camera and lighting.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden Voyage during my rare church appearance this AM. Happy Easter and Passover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads