1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Congrats. Hopefully you'll ween yourself off the AEs slowly - 15 pair is a substantial committment. I've always wanted the 405 but never quite pulled the trigger due to one reason (or other pair of shoes) or another. Hope they work out for you. Have you ever been to Roden Gray?

2. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

+1.... You need a pair of black cap toe oxford.

3. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Agreed. But if those are your only options then I'd go option 1.

4. hoser133

hoser133 Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking. Just keep it simple for the interview? I don't have any Alden shoes in black but I've got something that should work.

5. MT1982

MT1982 Senior member

That's what I figured, however my two Barrie lasted boots fit differently (jcrew cxl perf cap toe and leather soul choco tanker). Both the same last, but different leathers. That's why I was curious about the suede vs. shell in Grant last.

6. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Good luck on the interview! Once you're in, then you can bring out the wing tips in more casual circumstances.

7. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

There's anecdotal evidence out there suggesting the shell models will feel a bit looser, perhaps because it doesn't stretch, so Alden is accounting for that lack of stretch by making shell models looser than non-shell boots/shoes.

8. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Don, those are looking good! :)
    I wear 11B on the Aberdeen and 10.5B on the Barrie. The Aberdeen is Alden's longest last and people typically go true to size.
    Yeah, my wife just gets mad at me and doesn't care.
    Those are sold already. It was a mistake and was already allocated to someone. ;-)
    Thams, thank you for sharing and giving these guys some loving. The Shell is a beautiful color.
    Akeem beat me.
    Nailed it!
    It is called King due to its ultimate versatility. It is not my favorite color in terms of pure looks, but it is definitely the most versatile.
    Superb!
    Jim did you very well.
    Those are both beautiful, but I would not wear either for an interview. I would go with a black cap toe balmoral, but that's just how I roll. But as Cee says, I would go 975.
    Agree 100%!
    You will not hear me recommend going non-Alden, but if you don't have the appropriate Alden, go somewhere else in your wardrobe.

1 person likes this.
  9. mdubs

Snuff LHS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

2 people like this.
  10. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

Very Nice Combo, Mike!!!

11. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Snuff said Mike, looking chill! Steve

12. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

Good luck with the interview!

I think AE's park avenue is a very good option.

13. mdubs

Thanks Steve!!

14. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Color 8 would be just fine. Most people irl would not give your shoes a second thought. I tend to overthink shoes, but I'm the exception.
    Looking good dubs.

1 person likes this.
  15. forbritisheyes

forbritisheyes Senior member

Bump?

16. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Unlike AE, Alden does special makeups for stores across the country...so beautiful Alden shoes you see on this thread are often not readily available...it requires you to be ready to pre order or get your name on lists with retailers for the so called rare but always shipping shell cordovan colors.

I have heard customer service at Alden is not as good as AE...but my experience with Alden CS was outstanding.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  17. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

I would go with the king.

18. CTYGGG

CTYGGG Senior member

Don't forget about the boots!

19. circleslife

circleslife Senior member

Are there any pics of the plaza lasted boots above? Don't recollect seeing them. Seems like unique makeup for her store.

20. circleslife

circleslife Senior member

I went one size up and wider for Aberdeen. I'm 9D Barrie, but went 9.5E Aberdeen. All because in one spot (near the widest spot of feet) I get a bulge in D size Aberdeen else it fits a bit loose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.