1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Well, you don't have many options. I'd try either of these:

1. rub the stitching with a magic eraser and see if you can get some bleaching. Wipe dry, then condition the leather to make sure the eraser doesn't dry the skin totally;

or

2. use black creme polish on the stitching and go stealth. If you can keep the welt clean(ish) I bet that'd look excellent.

2. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Hey if you two yeti's ever have something to sell check in with me...I bounce between 12 and 13 sizes...

3. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Haha will do!

4. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

hoit1981-I'm curious...have you ever tried on a 12.5E Aberdeen? I'm not saying that it would be better. Just curious. the 13E Aberdeen for me has plenty of room, as does the 13D Barrie. Everybody's foot is different. I've got 4 pairs of Aldens in 14D on Aberdeen and they fit me too, but on the loose side. When I started in the Alden game I knew I liked them better than AE and I wear 14D in AE all day long. The more I've bought the more I've learned. At the end of the day I don't think there's much difference in length between a 13D and 14D. I wear a lot of cowboy boots being a Texas boy and I've found the same thing in length. Somewhere between an 1/8" in length difference. Where I struggle a little on cowboy boots is getting my foot through the shaft, once it's in I'm good.

My Ravello 4030 NST dress boots got here 15 minutes ago and fit good. Look the same as all of those posted last week. I'll get some in the wild photos soon.

Now if I could get my Ravello WTB on commando, Whiskey WTB on commando, and Cigar LHS from AOM I'd be in tall cotton as they say in Texas! I've got 1 other cordovan mystery boot due this fall. I'm still hunting Whiskey and Ravello LHS in 13D or 13.5D if anybody stumbles across a pair.

MDubs...hows that #4 Unicorn hunt progressing? I know there's got to be a few #4 horses asses available somewhere. Make that magic happen Mike!

Steve

5. what whale

what whale Senior member

Still not sure why color 8 is called "King"?

[​IMG]

6. zissou

zissou Senior member

Can anyone recommend a shop west of Colorado where I can send me Alden LWBs to have the heels replaced? I'd love it if they could also add a commando sole.

7. Gunner72

Gunner72 Member

I bought a pair of suede ptbs 20% off a few years ago with no additional fees. They were very responsive on email.

8. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

Great pic and boots! He's a future Alden man for sure!

9. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

Beautiful!

10. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

Stepping out tonight with King WT boots and denim
    [​IMG]

11. walds11

walds11 Senior member

Thanks for the feedback. I am still waiting for Mike at Sherman Brothers to get back to me on availability. I really like the contrast beige handsewn stitching.

So Trubalance = Barrie = Van sizing for the unlined CXL penny loafer?

12. MT1982

MT1982 Senior member

Question on sizing... would a shell Grant lasted cap toe boot fit the same as a suede Grant lasted cap toe boot?

13. velvel87

velvel87 Senior member

What's the forum's opinion on Alden calfskin for Brooks Brothers? Just picked up a pair of Bluchers. Is the quality the same?

14. adsmith4

adsmith4 Senior member

Just ordered my first Alden's from Roden Gray. 405 Indy Boot, pretty excited to get these in. I've got about 15 pair of AE's so I'm ready to make the transition to Alden.

15. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

It's the last is the same, the size is the same.

16. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

To most of the people. Yes!

17. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior member

Just arrived this morning from SF: [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  18. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Old school Ravello. I love it! That combo is amazing. Congratulations S!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  19. hoser133

hoser133 Well-Known Member

I have an interview on Thursday. Which should I wear with a navy blue suit? [​IMG][​IMG]

20. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

For an interview? Neither. Sorry.

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.