• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jumping back to the topic of Ashland wallets, below are a few pictures of my natural shell Louis "Little New York" that arrived yesterday. This is my first wallet from from Ashland, but it won't be my last. I'm thinking I'll grab the larger bifold next.
jugy7aza.jpg

ydemymy6.jpg

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Hmmm... A size 7.5UK on Carmina fits me just right. If I'm not mistaken, a 7.5UK is 8.5US, right? If so, this 8US Alden Ravello loafer may indeed be small for me.

Since when was this item listed on eBay?

I first saw it last week with about 3 days left on the auction and it didn't sell.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jumping back to the topic of Ashland wallets, below are a few pictures of my natural shell Louis "Little New York" that arrived yesterday. This is my first wallet from from Ashland, but it won't be my last. I'm thinking I'll grab the larger bifold next.
jugy7aza.jpg

ydemymy6.jpg
Very very nice. So how much do you figure you can put in there without busting it? Leaning toward buying that same model.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: Very very nice. So how much do you figure you can put in there without busting it? Leaning toward buying that same model.

If you keep buying shoes, you'll never have to worry about that.
lol8[1].gif

Last edited:

eyeheartny

Reaction score
Maiden voyage out of the house with my 975s. Had light colored toto applied. Crazy about these shoes!!

pune8ybe.jpg
ahe5etyp.jpg

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ @Tifosi -- Star Wars reference. Everybody else totally gets it.

Last edited:

eyeheartny

Reaction score
Maiden voyage out of the house with my 975s. Had light colored toto applied. Crazy about these shoes!!

pune8ybe.jpg
ahe5etyp.jpg

Love the light shade of #8. How old are those? My < 2 year old pairs of 8 are really dark compared to that.

They look lighter in the pics than in person. They're brand new, bought from J. crew in March. I wore them around the house to crease them and be sure they fit well and then had my cobbler apply the topy.

epc2

Reaction score
Hi,

Question to my Alden brothers,

I know there're tons of Denim threads but will like to hear Alden guys opinions , I've narrowed down my choices to APC or Unbranded for my 1st raw denim , I'd like to buy a 3sixteen later but for now don't want to spend more than $150 , I can get an APC for about $148 so difference between unbranded and APC is about 60.

Is the price difference worth it? Or are the Unbranded decent quality?

Also I'll wash them , I'm not into the don't wash it , at least not yet.

Sorry for the off topic question but since I'll wear them with Aldens and lots of you guys here wear raw Denim , I'll like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Hi,

Question to my Alden brothers,

I know there're tons of Denim threads but will like to hear Alden guys opinions , I've narrowed down my choices to APC or Unbranded for my 1st raw denim , I'd like to buy a 3sixteen later but for now don't want to spend more than $150 , I can get an APC for about $148 so difference between unbranded and APC is about 60.

Is the price difference worth it? Or are the Unbranded decent quality?

Also I'll wash them , I'm not into the don't wash it , at least not yet.

Sorry for the off topic question but since I'll wear them with Aldens and lots of you guys here wear raw Denim , I'll like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

I'm lookin' at you, @rydenfan

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very very nice. So how much do you figure you can put in there without busting it? Leaning toward buying that same model.

I was actually just answering this question from another SF member via PM. Here are my thoughts after just receiving it, so keep in mind that it hasn't been broken in whatsoever.

IMO, it's intended to hold only a few cards. I purchased the NY to use when I wear snugger raw jeans (don't laugh too much) out at night, so that I can carry just my DL and about one or two cards - that's it. I think this wallet will be great for that in either my front or back pocket.

Now, if you have let’s say more than four or five cards that you routinely carry (like I do daily), there is no way that I would or could stuff all of those into the NY. I just put seven cards into the card slot and it's an extremely tight fit. Granted, the leather will stretch and mold some, but I don't think I will use this for seven cards.

I looked at the specs of Tony the Ant, and I believe that wallet or one of the larger bifolds would be much better for five or more cards. Those would allow you to distribute the seven or eight cards pretty evenly among the four card slots.

So, IMO, if you want to routinely carry five or more cards, I would go with something else. Otherwise, if you just want to carry a few cards, then the NY will be perfect! It’s exactly what I was looking for, but I will purchase a larger Ashland bifold for my daily wallet when I’m ready to grab another large bifold.

If you keep buying shoes, you'll never have to worry about that.
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

Haha, very true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics