1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

They are not Atoms. Just "normal" short wings.

2. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

I have seen this style on both the Aberdeen and Barrie last......these look like cigar to me but could be #8 with antique edge

3. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

The pic I posted earlier could be these from Leather Soul (though the side profile shape looks a bit different between them), just no info on the last. Doesn't look like Barrie in these pics. I also assume no one has made something like this since. Might have to email LS and see if they are planning these again in the future

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  4. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

I picked these bad boys up from Epaulet to deal with the never ending snow this Winter.... they have a dressy look, but with the commando soles for dealing with the snow and ice.... Great job Epaulet and Alden!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what I thought was interesting that they left some of the leather pieces in the brouguing.......

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  5. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Whatever they are, Jesse, sign me up for a pair as well!

6. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

Anyone get any updates recently on any of the AOM preorders from last year? Nearing the 9 month mark for the June one.

7. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

was that the one with the whiskey WT boot? I got on that one but dont remember what month it was that I did.

8. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Don, looking terrific in your Cigar CT boots! +1 for wearing argyles. :)

Buz, as it has been stated, those are not Atoms. Atoms look like a Shortwing married a Longwing Blucher. But I agree, they are beautiful, but I think I will stick with my LWBs (975s) and SWBals (974s).

Congrats Moosic! Those are beautiful and I really like working with Mike from EP! :)

9. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

The June pre-order had the Whiskey NST shoe, Whiskey Indy etc. I think Mike said most of those drops were expected in late March

The Whiskey WT boot also had the Ravello SWB and Cigar Chukka, that was an October order. I expect those to come in during the summer (June-August timeframe).

10. mdubs

Alden Color 8 and Black Grain Calf Saddle Shoe. Alden DC. These are actually one of the models that Kathy has on sale, as she is trying to get rid of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy Thursday!

-Mike

11. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

I think this is due in a month if not sooner..

12. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

Thanks! Gonna call them some time next week to follow up. Wonder what they'll have in store this year for exotics. I'm waiting for a ravello LWB from the June one and whiskey WTB from October.

13. mdubs

Yeah, I don't know if they will disclose their plans. When I talk to them, they kind of seem like they do it on a whim, but I am not sure...

-Mike

14. forbritisheyes

forbritisheyes Senior member

Fellas,
    I just received my 911's. I was inspecting them and found something disturbing. Is this grounds for an exchange? Definitely never have seen this before. I was so disappointed too cause I waited for the MA storm to die down :[ THe welt on the other shoe is uneven near where the heel connects to the sole(I forgot what this is called). Can this be fixed to be as strong structurally as if it wasn't there at all?

15. smmrfld

smmrfld Well-Known Member

The October order also included the Whiskey Chukka, which shipped a couple of weeks ago.

16. sazon

sazon Senior member

Whoah, sorry to hear that !

What did he/she do, if I may ask? Always curious what to look out for when dealing with unfamiliar people in the Marketplace. Thanks.

17. katch

katch Senior member

Does Alden ever allow a group makeup that is not associated with a retailer? I'm sure there are some makeups that can get 20 commitments from this forum alone.

18. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

You will have to go through a retailer. The best bet is Mike at Epualet. He is very receptive to the community and got a few community sourced boots into production quickly. Note that no rare shell makeups can be suggested.

19. jstancato

jstancato Senior member

What are some of those communtiy make ups?

20. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

black plain toe shell boot last week

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.