***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

PG is really becoming a recognized face of men's style. He has an awesome following on his Tumblr blog. Great photos and comments. I really like his personal style. He knows how to mix tailored and casual or street as well as anyone at any age. Go Phat!

Who dis??? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Took a pic of the ad in the mall the other day.

2. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

[​IMG] whiskey chukkas I picked up recently.
    Deltashell, Do you find the Chukkas (Barrie Last) to be a little wider than other shoes on the Barrie? I picked up a pair that are just a little too big for me while my other Alden's of same size and last fit fine. BTW, they are for sale in B&S if anyone is interested

3. PorterInjax

Alden for Leffot ravello captoe boots. On the Grant last with flex welt. The Grant last hasn't gotten a lot of love here lately but I've always liked my shortwing 974's on the Grant. It's a little more streamlined and business-appropriate than the Barrie, although I can see how it wouldn't suit those with wider feet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice!

4. Cacatfish

Cacatfish Senior member

Love those Leffot Ravellos. I just missed that last pair of 9D's by one day.

5. deltashell

deltashell Senior member

I don't feel that they are wider necessarily, but chukkas famously have the most generous fit of any Alden design. It's a less customizeable fit. I don't know of anyone who sizes down further than other Barrie shoes, but to me they just feel looser in general and especially across the vamp since the laces don't tighten in that area. Despite this quirk, the chukka is one of my favorite Alden designs; more casual than plaintoe bluchers but can still be dressed up.

6. PorterInjax

I don't feel that they are wider necessarily, but chukkas famously have the most generous fit of any Alden design. It's a less customizeable fit. I don't know of anyone who sizes down further than other Barrie shoes, but to me they just feel looser in general and especially across the vamp since the laces don't tighten in that area. Despite this quirk, the chukka is one of my favorite Alden designs; more casual than plaintoe bluchers but can still be dressed up.

Thanks for your comments

7. ennui

ennui Senior member

Shortwings are better than longwings, and I think you might have trouble wearing cigar longwings with a suit without looking flashy. But if that's what you're looking for then go for it.

Also, spend zero money between now and April, or whatever, and keep on those shortwings. Or look elsehwere for shortwings when the autumn deliveries come in.

Omg cigar longwings handsdown.

go for the cigar i have them there great.

Thanks for the opinions ... I'm thinking I will definitely hold on for the shortwings. I have to think about the longwings, as I've blown well over what I thought I would so far for the holidays. [​IMG]

8. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Alden for Leffot ravello captoe boots. On the Grant last with flex welt. The Grant last hasn't gotten a lot of love here lately but I've always liked my shortwing 974's on the Grant. It's a little more streamlined and business-appropriate than the Barrie, although I can see how it wouldn't suit those with wider feet.

Love those Ravello boots.

I'm pretty sure the Alden 974s are on the Tremont last. Grant Last is one of my favorites.

9. Thor

Thor Senior member

Happy B-day to me...couldn't resist the call of the Shell... They are so friggin' gorgeous that I almost do not want to wear them...almost [​IMG] From AofC on the leydon last: (interesting to note that the #8 Indys in the last pic were the same color only 3 months ago) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

I'm pretty sure the Alden 974s are on the Tremont last. Grant Last is one of my favorites.

The San Francisco Alden shop advertises them as being on the Tremont last, as does Shoemart. But Citishoes says they're Grant, and the guys at the Madison Ave shop where I bought mine told me it was Grant as well.

11. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

The San Francisco Alden shop advertises them as being on the Tremont last, as does Shoemart. But Citishoes says they're Grant, and the guys at the Madison Ave shop where I bought mine told me it was Grant as well.

As far as I know, 974 and 9741 are on the Tremont.

12. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

those Leydon wingtip boots are gorgeous, unfortunately the last doesn't fit me too well. wear them in good health

13. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

those wingtips boots are a near perfect winter boot

14. Thor

Thor Senior member

those wingtips boots are a near perfect winter boot

I agree.

those Leydon wingtip boots are gorgeous, unfortunately the last doesn't fit me too well. wear them in good health

Thank you much- will do!

15. slide13

slide13 Senior member

wow, those Indys changed that much in 3 months? They look amazing! I just picked up my first pair of shells, the Alden x Context Tankers in #8 and can't wait to see how they look after a few months of wear. Still breaking them in but loving them so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.