1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Mike-All of these boots are excellent. I will say the Grant in Black is a very nice compromise and excellent choice! Of the 3 the Grant looks sleekest with modest slope in the toe box.

See Ya,
    Steve

2. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Different experiences I guess and at different airports.
    I have about 1.4M miles on United and 1.2M miles on Delta. These are butt in seat miles and not inflated with bonus miles or promotions. Not bragging just illustrating that I spend time in airports.
    When I've asked about using the scanner when being herded to the metal detector I would guess that 70% of the time I've been told no for varying reasons. Also, I don't see them in European or South American airports.

3. usfpaul82

usfpaul82 Well-Known Member

Well it took me 3 orders from JCrew to finally get keeper pair. The first pair I ordererd at 9.5 and they looked perfect, just a little big. I ordered a 9 and they came in and looked like they had been worn already and had bad creases. Ordered a second 9 and was happy with the result. Good customer service from Jcrew to make it right. Here they are after 3 full days of wear. They feel great and have become my favorite shoe.

[​IMG]

4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

The grant is beautiful but hardly an indy when looking at that picture...I dont mean that in a bad way but the stitching is symmetrical to the shoe shape...I would gladly forgo a #8 tanker for a grant #8

Beautiful stuff mdubs....

5. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Some real beauties!

6. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

@mdubs killer boot lineup. i like the grant boots.

7. Don L

Don L Senior member

Love the Grant boots @mdubs

8. thams

thams Senior member

F-53's under a rare-ish DC snow.

[​IMG]

9. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Love the grant Indys. Must look away.

10. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

+ 1 for comfort. I've also been surprised at how good crepe is on ice and snow.

11. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

I love the comparison Mike. Seeing them all together makes me like our grant lasted Indys even more. Choose the new name carefully, whatever you pick will likely stick you Alden ambassador! :happy: [​IMG] I've been wearing them today even now as I type this out while flying solo for dinner. Grant last FTW!

1 person likes this.
  12. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

Awesome comparison photos. Thanks Mike!

The new grant indy is great but I like the plaza indy the best.

13. zr0e

zr0e Senior member

Moulded Shoe in NYC resoled a boot for me once to essentially original spec commando sole. Extremely expensive but it came out well.

14. Alpina

Alpina Senior member

15. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

Anyone know of a retailer offering a snuff/#8 saddle like jcrew had awhile ago? Seeing a MTO saddle makeup (AE natty shell/#8) in another thread here on SF has me thinking about trying something like this. Might be able to go MTO through AE but would like to check my options from alden first.

thanks in advance!

16. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

I am not aware of any saddle shoes that have shell, but Brick and Mortar has a couple of suede/calfskin and brown/tan calfskin saddles coming. You should be able to get on those lists still.

17. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Look at that grant indy is so surreal feels like when I would come home from school and the furniture was rearranged so familiar but so different

18. JjasonL

JjasonL Senior member

awesome.. do they run smaller than braddock? just ordered a pair from jcrew with the 25% off.. sucks that i missed out on the shell indys but i called and they honored it for the regular indys.. so pretty stoked but would have been awesome if i was able to get both pairs.. o well.. guess ill wait til next restock

19. green garden

green garden Senior member

Really like the shape of the Grant Indy. Which retailer offered this?

20. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Nice cap toes NY. Never to early to start getting ready for spring. It will arrive someday. What's the rest of the lineup?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.