1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mettelindberg

mettelindberg Senior member

Whoops

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  2. dkotek

dkotek Member

Beautiful shine! Really showcasing the beauty of #8

1 person likes this.
  3. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

4. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

This is the biggest downside to Aldens. I creased my CXL LWB pretty bad shoving my foot into them after security check. I travel at least once a month and like to pack light. Wearing non-Alden's and then packing the Aldens sort of defeats the purpose. Plus, my Alden boots get them most wear on the road as it tends to be cooler than socal.

5. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

I got in on the JCrew Indy sale. This will be my first pair with the Crepe sole. I have mixed feelings about the Crepe sole, will see how I like them in person. I've heard they are comfortable, and they likely are.

See Ya,
    Steve

6. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Crepe sole hater here who has had an about face..while I would not want more than a few pairs on crepe...they are comfy...and I reach for them alot.

7. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

Crepe seems to generate strong opinions......either you love it or hate it. Fortunately I'm the former. While im conflicted on the Indy style, at this price you don't rea have much time on the fence. Pulled the trigger and 10 minutes later my size was sold out. Glad I did.

8. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Went back and checked and saw the 11 was sold out. I've learned quick its buy now ask questions later. I was a bit hesitant going off the pictures as they look extremely dull but I'm sure in person they will have the usual glow. I'm slowly coming around to crepe as well. Full price though would have passed. So that was a factor.

9. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

well after watching these things for what feels like months and months and always saying no....finally broke down on the price drop.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Traveled proffesionally for eon's in Alden Tassel and LHS with no issue at all. So now the Alden Loafer's set off alarms at the airports? [​IMG]

11. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

+1

12. smmrfld

smmrfld Well-Known Member

This is no longer an issue. You can now ask to go through the scanner rather than the metal detector and leave your shoes on. All other Pre benefits are as-is...just take anything in your pocket out and hold it in your hand as you raise your arms. Problem solved...no shoe removal, and almost as fast as the metal detector.

13. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Looking good. What price drop was that? Ebay?

14. Don L

Don L Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. rosslovethreads

rosslovethreads Senior member

Are you guys pretty weary of buying from Marketplace here? I've had nothing but success so far, but I'm currently looking at a really cheap used pair of Indys. Seller has only posted once, but seems knowledgable concerning product and everything lines up... :/

16. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Not all airports have the scanner, and those that do, often don't use it.
    Airport I flew out of this morning metal detector only. Long layover in ATL so went outside security. On way back thru, the scanner was not being used. I like wearing some of my Alden suede shoes for their comfort but they all set off the metal detectors.

17. Briar Snob

Briar Snob Senior member

I travel every other week and always wear my Aldens. I figure if I am going to spend the money for them, I may as well enjoy them -- even if I have to leave for the airport a couple minutes earlier than I otherwise would have.

18. smmrfld

smmrfld Well-Known Member

Most airports now have both in the Pre area from what I've seen, and "being used" isn't a factor...they are usually not "in use" since the majority of Pre pax use the metal detector, but when you ask to use it, they will quickly move the barrier and have you step in.

19. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Hey Gents,

My Grant "Indy" Boots have arrived... I think we need another name now! Maybe Prof. Jones! Anyways, here is a picture of them and then a comparison against my Color 8 on the Plaza and Cigar on the Trubalance. Amazing what the last shape does to the overall aesthetic of a shoe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

4 people like this.
  20. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Thought I didn't like Plaza Indy's...till I saw that pic...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.