1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Kathy at Alden DC does the 4060HC which has speed hooks and the Commando sole. She also does them in Black Shell (4065HC), Cigar and Ravello.

-Mike

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  2. MT1982

MT1982 Senior member

Deleted - ignore

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  3. KPDarb

KPDarb Senior member

Now thats an indy boot in their natural habitat. Beautiful! I just pre ordered the leffot natty cxl today. Do you have any preferred care method?

4. sorabji

sorabji Active Member

I am looking for #8 perf captoe Alden boots on the Trubalance last. Do these exist? The J Crew model comes closest, but the Barrie last does not work for me.

5. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

Great boots!

Do any of the Alden Illuminati know if the NTLCXL Epaulet Insbruck Indy which were on pre-order a couple weeks ago will have the hand stitch toe? Judging by the price, I'm guessing they will not but one could always hope.

It's midnight on the east coast so I figured I would pose the question here and try finding an answer prior to contacting Epaulet.

6. Sandwich

Sandwich Well-Known Member

Apart from not using any polish I really don't care for these boots differently than any other shoe. I simply brush them off after every wear, store them with trees, very occasionally apply a coat of Reno or Montana Pitch Blend.

7. Mghart

Mghart Senior member

I pre ordered the natty cxl Innsbruck and I'm pretty sure it's the regular Indy stitching just with brass eyes/hooks on commando. Still a great make up that I can't wait to get.

1 person likes this.
  8. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

they exist, but it will be difficult to get. leathersoul has made them in the past. they usually reserve their cordovan for their big timers and local clientele.

9. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Lighting not so good but working on these now. Haven't been worn for awhile and thinking I need to correct that. Ravello, plaza last from Frans Boone.
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  10. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

these are incredible :drool:

11. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

This is one amazing boot.

12. Bonesy

Bonesy Well-Known Member

And how did you treat these? Exactly how I want my Innsbruck to age.

13. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I have the #8 Context Tanker, #8 WT Boot, and #8 Indy (currently the Plaza last, but have also had the TruBalance as well) and the Context Tanker is hands down the one that is worn most frequently. I find it to be a bit more versatile than the Indy or the WT.

14. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

15. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

wipe them with moist cloth and brush after every wear. Once every 3-4 months, apply a bit of Saphir Reno, brush and polish using polishing cloth.

These have been trough 2 feet of snow, downpours and slush conditions, I'm amazed how well CXL is holding up after 3 years.

16. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

I wear 13D and I think what you're saying is correct. I have no issues with any other leather sole versions wearing like this. Only commando.

See Ya,
    Steve

17. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Wow! Great job inn8chiro!

18. CelliniEVO

CelliniEVO Senior member

Hey guys, I accidentally over-creamed my 405's with Alden's neutral cream and now that they are dry you can see a layer of dried cream on top. Is there a good way to remove this excess cream?

19. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

my vote would be for the WT boot. very versatile. 2nd would be the Indy.

I really dislike the tanker/split toe look. I am somewhat surprised at the amount of love it gets here.

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.