1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

FWIW: I like the dark edge, both on the LHS and Chukkas. (full disclosure: I have the LHS on antique). I think it gives it a bit of a vintage vibe as well as a nice contrast to the Ravello. Like it's already an old shoe with a traditional dark edge.

Of course the real answer is: get both and wear for the appropriate occasion

2. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

I owe you one esoxm, looking like these gems are coming my way! what's on your list/size and I'll try to send a PM if I see em come around.. NICE LOOKIN OUT

3. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

@Profligate47 yeah I definitely think i prefer the lighter antique edge. I think this shade of ravello works with dark or lighter edge though. Whiskey Lhs is one of my Grail shoes. Really want to snag a pair of those at some point.

4. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

cigar x harrison ltd
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. Profligate47

Profligate47 Senior member

@newyawker: I think this color of Ravello looks better with the lighter edge. All the more reason to have variant colors of the same model... Too, shell color changes over time.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  6. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

great chukkas.
    wonderful shoes and combo.
    nice pick up. i prefer lighter edging, but these look really nice as is.

7. Rishi Kakar

Rishi Kakar Senior member

Thank you jhcam8

8. Rishi Kakar

Rishi Kakar Senior member

Thank you RTP. Allz well. Hope allz well with the ever stylish RTP.

9. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Gents, you all looked great today. Good job, nice looking Color 8 PTBs, Chukkas, Ravellos and Cigars.

Smooth and NY, those are a beautiful makeup and I got a pair, but I prefer antique edging. To me Ravello was made for antique edges. But that's just me. :)

-Mike

10. ylku

ylku Well-Known Member

Hey fellas,
    Im trying to contact to Ed Z @ TSM for exotic shell. I made some phone calls at first but no one answer, I've also sent emails to him from last month but still no reply.
    Does anyone have similar experience?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  11. zennypoo

zennypoo Senior member

I would sit tight for a little longer. I sent him an email a while back and only recently got a reply.

-D

12. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

Could not agree more.

13. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Give him a little time. He should get back to you. Ed is one of my favorite people to talk Alden with. Ive always had amazing phone calls with him.
    Despite the fact that Ive barely boughten anything from them, he still remembers me everytime we talk.

Ive been thinking about giving him a shout to see where the next round of Cigar Indy's stands as well as the possibility of a Cigar Wingtip boot at any point. From my past conversations with him, he submits what people ask for. So if there is things they have produced in the past, I believe we could get them to produce again if there was interest expressed. Only thing I ever got a real no on was color #4, and even with that he said if he could get the allocation from Alden he would run them nonstop.

Just like the ravello NST boot, never say never.

14. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

The good ole days. I picked up color 8 chukka for 40% off and 975's for 25%. The Ravello LWB is the one I most regret missing.

15. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

I really like these with the black edge. I like them so much, I bought a pair and they should arrive today or tomorrow. When the first picture of these was posted up last Thursday or Friday, the black edge is what really caught my eye, I think it makes a nice contrast with this particular shade of Ravello.

16. katch

katch Senior member

I know someone here a number of days ago mentioned a JCrew Cordovan #8 Indy. Is the only difference a crepe sole?

17. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Those were some great deals! I remember when I first saw the indy boots on j crews website. This was when I was still in college sometime around 07/08 I think. The price was around $350. I thought that was crazy. I put the brand on the back burner until about 2 years ago when I decided to move away from fashion brands into better quality, goodyear welted shoes, and american made shoes. My first alden was the natty cxl indy - I believe I paid about $525 from alden madison. Times have definitely changed.

18. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Thanks guys. I really like this shade of ravello and while I prefer the antique edging I think these look great as is. My first rare shell from alden.

19. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Nice! Congrats on the pick up. I too agree the black edge works with this shade of ravello. I look forward to seeing some in the wild pics. Its a slushy wet mess around here so these will have to sit around for a little while.

20. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

I believe so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.