• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I got home today after wearing my chukka's most of the day. On of my dogs greets me and then does a stretch at my feet and catches my shoe with his claw
1f621.png

I was not impressed. He left a small gouge in it.
Gave them a wipe down, brushing, a boneing and then a buffing. I think it turned out okay. Looks better than it did.
There is however a nice slice in the hide
1f614.png

Guess it will add to the character of the boots over time.

Good save. My dogs always greet me at the door and I usually have to do some ridiculous footwork to make sure they don't gouge my shells.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good save. My dogs always greet me at the door and I usually have to do some ridiculous footwork to make sure they don't gouge my shells.
You just need a bigger dog.
Saint Bernard here... I am always dancing out of the way.

bfisher690

Reaction score
Thank you! A nice forum member broke me off a piece of cigar shell I'm the form of an unworn indy boot. I'm very happy!

That chukka in SF is 9.5E. Someone should grab it it!

One day, I'll find a whiskey or ravello chukka in 9e or 9.5. But, I'm in no rush. The funds are depleted ; )

I appreciate all the help. This is a great thread...

seasquirrel

Reaction score

+1 and a very nice model,DC also has it in stock.

If you're having to wait for the alpine LWB, why don't you just order it from Alden San Fran? Alden has had this as a stock shoe for quite some time...

http://www.aldenshop.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=170&ParentID=3&PageID=&Action=

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately for me, I need EE or EEE width, so I have to special order nearly everything. :(

blackboard_knowledge

Reaction score

i saw a pair of shoes that sold on ebay a while back and can't figure out where they're from...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-leather-shoes-black-suede-NEW-mens-size-9D-/161209256365?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2588d209ad&nma=true&si=C5gdoWcQeSPLuCYPtJIvDsBcCUw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

plain toe, black suede blucher on a commando sole

anyone know?  it says bootmaker on the inside but no other info is provided.  i'm thinking it might actually be a navy shoe that was mislabeled...

That could be the Earth chamois shoes that The Shoe Mart was selling on a commando sole. If you like them, I would give TSM a call, as I think those came up on the last irregular list for many sizes.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sir, I bought the Ravello Tankers from a fellow SF member here who decided that they were not of his taste. I consequently ended up giving @MrDV the first shot at them, as I knew that they were his favorite shoe. The Ravello Tankers were on the Aberdeen last and were from TheShoeMart. I do have the Ravello NST shoe (Aberdeen also).

-Mike
fing02[1].gif

older picture

Rrolack

Reaction score
I tried on a pair of Chromexcel brown plain-toe bluchers today, at Alden on Madison Av. The shoe color was redder than I expected, and they didn't go well with my caramel-colored pants. The look was too overstated and eyecatching for my tastes.

That said, I did like the shoes in their own right, and they're super comfy, so I'd like to find an outfit that works.

What color pants do you guys wear with Chromexcel brown? Maybe dark jeans?

TommyB

Reaction score

fing02%5B1%5D.gif
older picture
Aahh, please don't post this picture again, it makes my heart melt and my brain explode. ;-) This boot is number one on my Alden wish list (size 9D on Barrie, 9.5D on Plaza, hint, hint).

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ravello NST Boot
DSC01057.jpg
QUOTE] BOOOM. first time wearing my NST boot from several years back. look great new. they look a bit darker now but still charming nonetheless

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still regret not buying those from you when I had the chance. ;)

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on a pair of Chromexcel brown plain-toe bluchers today, at Alden on Madison Av. The shoe color was redder than I expected, and they didn't go well with my caramel-colored pants. The look was too overstated and eyecatching for my tastes.

That said, I did like the shoes in their own right, and they're super comfy, so I'd like to find an outfit that works.

What color pants do you guys wear with Chromexcel brown? Maybe dark jeans?
I saw those, and really LOVED the color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads