***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eightdouble

eightdouble Senior member

^ that's enough dead horse to make a french restaurant jealous.

2. dredey

dredey Well-Known Member

3. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Also, aside from Shoemart, what are other reputable sites to order from? Shoemart has been good to me, especially with no tax or shipping fees, but certain items I want are not available in my size.

5. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Got back from vacation and these were waiting for me, direct from Honolulu. Thanks Tom. In what passes for sunlight in Seattle in November. Cigar, whiskey, Ravello, #4, #8. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Fuck me.

6. eightdouble

anyone here have the indy shoe?

i'm considering them in natural. i have boots, but want a casual shoe for when i don't want to wear a boot, and i'm not really a loafer/boat shoe type.

if anyone here has them and has a pic of them on, i'd love to see them. been kicking this around for a few weeks and wanna see them on before the trigger is pulled.

7. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

So, who picked up the Cigar Plaza Wingtip boots on the 'bay? Those are gorgeous. And who's going to pick up the Cigar Barrie Wingtip boot?
    Wondering the same thing...Just bought the Ravello boots from Epaulet and the Cordovan Tanker in #8 from Context so couldn't really justify the Plaza wingtips but man o' man...I really like the way the Plaza last fits.

8. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

anyone here have the indy shoe?
    http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.co.../of-my-design/ Courtesy of jasonfoote303
    Just bought the Ravello boots from Epaulet and the Cordovan Roy from Context so couldn't really justify the Plaza wingtips but man o' man...I really like the way the Plaza last fits.
    [​IMG] Wasn't aware that that was on the radar... unless you mean the Tankers. A cordo-Roy just sounds like another name for the PTBoot that LS has been selling for some time. Those ravello wingtips are special, but those Cigar plaza wingtips were something else, not something you see very often. I drew my inspiration for the natural wingtip boots from that boot, with the hope that after many years of wear it will be a similar shade, although obviously it won't have the lustre of cordovan. Congrats to whoever won those boots.

9. eightdouble

10. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

Natural Chromexcel Barrie

[​IMG]

These have a second stitchline on the welt strip which I have never seen before. Anyway...

11. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

So, who picked up the Cigar Plaza Wingtip boots on the 'bay? Those are gorgeous.

I very nearly did, but decided I want my boots to have speedhooks. those were perfect, except for that detail

12. velomane

velomane Senior member

Natural Chromexcel Barrie

[​IMG]

These have a second stitchline on the welt strip which I have never seen before. Anyway...

Hard to resist those...where from?

13. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.co.../of-my-design/
    Courtesy of jasonfoote303

[​IMG] Wasn't aware that that was on the radar... unless you mean the Tankers. A cordo-Roy just sounds like another name for the PTBoot that LS has been selling for some time. Those ravello wingtips are special, but those Cigar plaza wingtips were something else, not something you see very often. I drew my inspiration for the natural wingtip boots from that boot, with the hope that after many years of wear it will be a similar shade, although obviously it won't have the lustre of cordovan. Congrats to whoever won those boots.

Ya...corrected my post to say "tankers" instead of Roy...
    I think I'm going to regret not pulling the trigger on those Plaza Wing Tips though...correction. I DO regret not pulling the trigger.

14. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

15. velomane

velomane Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.