***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

That would be me! Seriously, put them on one morning, went to JAX, long layover in ATL, then DTW with a missed connection, then on to LSE. Probably a 10 hour wear. They haven't been on feet since then.

Can anyone tell me how to post pics? I read one of the "how to's" yet still ended up with hyperlinks instead of the pics

Those are the same photos from this eBay listing that ended a week ago. What's the deal?

2. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

Nothing at Sherman for cigaristas. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Chukka boot, Full Strap Penny and the LHS (Ravello 2) all come in Cigar @ Sherman.

3. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

Those are the same photos from this eBay listing that ended a week ago. What's the deal?

This could be more interesting than Patriots-Lions! [​IMG]

4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

5. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

I listed them as selling to US only. A person from Denmark asked if I would ship overseas and I said no (plus they had zero feedback). You can pull up the listing and see the email exchange. They decided to still bid and win even though I said no. Anyway, they wouldn't pay the extra shipping and I wouldn't ship n

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

that sucks ... feel your pain

you could always offer to the next highest bidder. i assume you got your final value fee back

7. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

that sucks ... feel your pain

you could always offer to the next highest bidder. i assume you got your final value fee back

I did get the final value fee from eBay but it took over an hour on the phone.

8. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

I listed them as selling to US only. A person from Denmark asked if I would ship overseas and I said no (plus they had zero feedback). You can pull up the listing and see the email exchange. They decided to still bid and win even though I said no. Anyway, they wouldn't pay the extra shipping and I wouldn't ship n

I guess I'm watching football. [​IMG]

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Fellas, how does the Modified last run compare to the TruBalance and Barrie? I know all 3 are suppose to be 1/2 bigger, but as far as nit picking goes...ie the TruBalance is a bit wider than Barrie.

Thanks!

10. PETEROCK1

PETEROCK1 Active Member

Fellas, how does the Modified last run compare to the TruBalance and Barrie? I know all 3 are suppose to be 1/2 bigger, but as far as nit picking goes...ie the TruBalance is a bit wider than Barrie.

Thanks!

courtesy of jason's blog "Barrie, Trubalance, and Modified"...... http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.co...-and-modified/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. dredey

dredey Well-Known Member

Two new early Christmas gifts to myself. The Red Wing Beckman GT from J Crew. And Leathersoul Kudu Ultimate Indy. They both serve a different purpose and I couldn't be happier. [​IMG] I especially can't get over the unbelievable quality and craftsmanship of the Ultimate Kudu Indy. The leather is spectacular.[​IMG] They look so much better in person. I emailed Horween to ask about the Kudu leather and they said the Kudu is a version of their Chromexcel leather.
    [​IMG]

12. Dexter_

Dexter_ Senior member

13. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

So, who picked up the Cigar Plaza Wingtip boots on the 'bay? Those are gorgeous.

And who's going to pick up the Cigar Barrie Wingtip boot?

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Finally got a chance to wear a couple pairs. Wore the J. Crew Longwings yesterday to lunch for about 2 hours and got 3 compliments in that duration. Today, I'm rocking the 405 Indy's. The Indy's definitely feel a bit looser than the Longwings, but nothing to write home about. Both are size 8 (Barrie, TruBalance, respectively). How often do you guys clean your shoes? After each wear? Even if there is no stains/scratches/etc? I'm addicted to Alden now. I have 2 more pairs on my radar. [​IMG]

15. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Got back from vacation and these were waiting for me, direct from Honolulu. Thanks Tom.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In what passes for sunlight in Seattle in November.
    Cigar, whiskey, Ravello, #4, #8.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.