1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

I just called and asked if they can look for me, but I was told by the rep that I need a model number. I asked if there was anyway she can look it up without the model number, or if anyone there knew the model number, and she said that no one would know. The rep sent me the 9E list and the boots were not there :/ Does anyone happen to know the model number?

Edit: I just performed a google search and found the model number. The same rep just told me that this is unavailable, and she doesn't even think a 9E was ever even made....

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  2. BFisher244

BFisher244 Active Member

This was straight from the salesman George. Call and ask to speak to him.

3. jstancato

jstancato Senior member

So I used Alden Fine Boot Cream (Neutral) and it got rid of the scuffs on my citi shoes in brown apline grain. I'll see tonight how it protects against snow and slush...

4. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

Always call the Norwalk B&M store vs the Milford phone number. It typically is best to ask for Joe or Ed.

5. rosslovethreads

rosslovethreads Senior member

Cheers to the King.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. mrfixit

mrfixit Senior member

I was on the standby list for #8 tankers from NY. I got the call and they arrived today. Very pleased.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  7. IGotId

IGotId Senior member

Thanks!

8. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Hey Gents, here's a couple of photos of my winterized saddles from Frans Boone:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Barrie last, reverse chamois & suede, brass eyelets, crepe sole

3 people like this.
  9. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

^^

@CEE88 Those saddles on my list for sure for next winter.

10. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

Great saddles!

A personal vent, I just, for the life of me cannot purchase a crepe sole shoe.

I know I need to get over it but the aesthetic is just off for me.

11. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Quote:To Tie Guy: I understand where your coming from. I can't wear leather due to the firmness of the sole and tried the red brick sole but that was still too firm and picked up the crepe and they are great for my feet and back. I now have gotten used to the chunkiness of the crepe and now prefer it. I think the crepe is more casual which works well for 90% of my attire. I also think I have less competition in the 9D TTS if I can accept Crepe soles because the competition is fierce in 9 D world!!! :) I still need to try the Commando sole, the only option i have yet to wear for more than a few minutes.

12. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

I know, I know. I guess I've been on this thread long enough that I figured somebody would post the "can't purchase a crepe sole" comment sooner or later. In this case sooner.

13. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Thanks. All things consdered it's a pretty awesome saddle make up. Frans Boone got these to my door step in less than three days.

14. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Was able to upgrade my casual socks today, no Chups at my local J Crew but lots of stock of Anonymous Ism (which I remember hearing a few here suggest) on sale with an extra 50% off. Got them for between $7-$10 a pair so decided why not two of each haha. Will eventually try out Chup when I get a chance on sale.

[​IMG]

15. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Congrats! I picked up the pair on the left along with a pair of Chups that was on sale. Now you have me thinking I need to go back tomorrow!

16. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Beautiful, my friend, absolutely beautiful... [​IMG]

17. rosslovethreads

rosslovethreads Senior member

I honestly think the crepe sole is really aesthetically pleasing. I would prefer it on boots opposed to a shoe, but I wouldn't mind a #8 LWB on crepe. Right now I'm hoping for a plaza #8 boot on crepe with brass eyelets. The heft of the sole seems really balanced to my eye!

18. Skatenc123

Skatenc123 Senior member

Really loving these Natural CXL from Epaulet.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. mw313

mw313 Senior member

I love the Natural CXL, especially in the LWB and Chukka.

20. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Thanks RTP. It's a unique make up, one I didn't know I needed until I happened to be perusing the Frans website one evening - love at first sight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.