• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolling green

Reaction score
5202907768_798d0ccf6d.jpg

5202312703_f1020d930b.jpg

5202907666_caf6910ede.jpg

5202332279_ced19e8844.jpg

5202927642_182ccef264.jpg

hope this helps, apologies for the super bad iphone pics

eightdouble

Reaction score
those NSTs look better than i expected they would. i too don't want too pointy a toe on my boot. that looks good.

eightdouble

Reaction score
has there ever been talk of having the ranger moc mac into a cordovan boot. i would be totally powerless to resist that.

rang4.jpg

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for those pics RG. They do look very nice, and you were right, not quite as pointy as I had thought. Gosh, making my decision even tougher, but I still think I am gonna hold off until some Indys become available.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the leather soul Hawaiian tankers (which as far as i know are the same as the context tankers, sans the pull tab)
at first i thought they were pointer than indy's but realized a lot of it is the NST stitching drawing attention to the point of the toe.

i can tell you that i wear mine pretty much exclusively with jeans, but they can be worn with more formal pants easily. if it were between tankers and a pair of indy's i'd pick the tankers. way more unique and versatile. i love mine to death.

Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
Thanks for the info. Are they actually narrower or pointier or is it just an illusion? Anyone else care to chime in on this? Anyone have pics looking down on the boots or from the side?

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Exactly why I just pulled the trigger on the Context ones - I have them in black too but they don't get as much play. Only thing I would prefer on these would be a natural sole-edge, but the black will wear away with time.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djh
^
Exactly why I just pulled the trigger on the Context ones - I have them in black too but they don't get as much play. Only thing I would prefer on these would be a natural sole-edge, but the black will wear away with time.

+1
natural edges would make them even better, but as you said they wear down over time
and remember alden can do them with a natural edge when you send them in to be resoled.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eightdouble
has there ever been talk of having the ranger moc mac into a cordovan boot. i would be totally powerless to resist that.

rang4.jpg

umm, that was one of my ideas for the Leather Soul Alden design contest. (but not too original as the "Utica" boot has already been made, though not sold yet)

rolling green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
Thanks for those pics RG. They do look very nice, and you were right, not quite as pointy as I had thought. Gosh, making my decision even tougher, but I still think I am gonna hold off until some Indys become available.

I think they will look even better once I crease them up. I can assure anyone on the fence you will not regret it! Looks like stock is running low.....

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Before I put these up in the FS section, I figured I would offer them here.
I have a NIB pair of Cigar Shell Indy Boots size 9.5D that I purchased from ShoeMart. It is on the Trubalance Last.

You can find the link here

The reason I am selling them is I wish to purchase a pair of Cigar Shell captoe boots and would use the funds from this sale to do so.

They are sold out on the site.
I paid $664 shipped for them but would let them go for $650 CONUS. Shipping + insurance would be on me.

Thanks.

So damn tempting; I just had to sell my 9Ds from NYC store because I needed a 9.5. I did, though, just pick up the Pitt Boot in shell, and find it better than the cigar Indy. What last are the captoes on? Deets?

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roguls
So damn tempting; I just had to sell my 9Ds from NYC store because I needed a 9.5. I did, though, just pick up the Pitt Boot in shell, and find it better than the cigar Indy. What last are the captoes on? Deets?

They are great boots. Give in to your temptation
devil.gif

Captoes are on the Grant Last.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rolling green
I think they will look even better once I crease them up. I can assure anyone on the fence you will not regret it! Looks like stock is running low.....

Well, looks like the decision was made for me. All sold out in the 8.5D at Context. Heres hoping that Leather Soul has some sweet boots to unveil at their trunk show that I can burn my money on.

If not, heres to hoping and waiting that Shoe Mart or someone else comes out with some nice shell boots.

C'mon Leather Soul, give us a taste of what's coming.
smile.gif

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ unless your quests for boots is urgent, you can just put a deposit down for the context tankers next run

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Talked to them yesterday and they weren't sure when their next run of boots might be. Might have to check if they are taking pre-orders. Haven't talked to Shoe-Mart yet, so might see what they have coming, if anything.

I am learning that patience is a virtue when it comes to these boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads