• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick

Reaction score
i know i should know this. do you leave your shoe trees in until the next time you wear the shoe? let's say a week or do you leave them in overnight then take them out? thanks.

Aries83

Reaction score
I always leave them in rick, never take them out until wearing.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before I put these up in the FS section, I figured I would offer them here. I have a NIB pair of Cigar Shell Indy Boots size 9.5D that I purchased from ShoeMart. It is on the Trubalance Last. You can find the link here The reason I am selling them is I wish to purchase a pair of Cigar Shell captoe boots and would use the funds from this sale to do so. They are sold out on the site. I paid $664 shipped for them but would let them go for $650 CONUS. Shipping + insurance would be on me. Thanks.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have Ed's email address from the Shoe Mart?

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ninja07
would be great to see some pics of your commando sole cigar indys with jeans. I currently only own the standard 405 indys - I love them as I can wear them the entire weekdays to work with jeans as well but when the need for dressier occasions arises I find them difficult to wear. Looking to get a pair of shell boots (cigar or ravello) but still cannot decide on which one. The cigar indys could be a likely candidate but not sure if i should go for commando or double leather soles. thanks in advance.
These might help with your decision...
Originally Posted by interlockingny
Before I put these up in the FS section, I figured I would offer them here.
I have a NIB pair of Cigar Shell Indy Boots size 9.5D that I purchased from ShoeMart. It is on the Trubalance Last.

...and these might help with your sale (unfortunately I don't need another pair!):
r0010248.jpg

r0010249.jpg

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to share their thoughts on the Tanker boots in the Barrie last? I think the boots are great looking but they appear to have a slightly pointier toe than the trubalace last, and I just can't get past that. Maybe the NST emphasizes it even more. I think the tankers appear a bit dressier and I prefer the look of the Indys bc they have a more rugged look.

rolling green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
Anyone care to share their thoughts on the Tanker boots in the Barrie last? I think the boots are great looking but they appear to have a slightly pointier toe than the trubalace last, and I just can't get past that. Maybe the NST emphasizes it even more. I think the tankers appear a bit dressier and I prefer the look of the Indys bc they have a more rugged look.

This was my fear too but when you see them in person or put them on you'll think differently. I have both Roy and Context tankers and the Roy's (truebalance) looks a little too wide now. Truebalance fits me better but I prefer the look of the barrie.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rolling green
This was my fear too but when you see them in person or put them on you'll think differently. I have both Roy and Context tankers and the Roy's (truebalance) looks a little too wide now. Truebalance fits me better but I prefer the look of the barrie.

Thanks for the info. Are they actually narrower or pointier or is it just an illusion? Anyone else care to chime in on this? Anyone have pics looking down on the boots or from the side?

PeterParker

Reaction score
^^^ Yes, in my experience the Barrie last is pointier and narrower than the Trubalance. Barrie Last:
copyofr0010142.jpg
r0010137.jpg
The leftmost boot is the Barrie lasted boot, and the one in the middle is Trubalance, both the same size (the right most boot is also Trubalance, but a different size). It's not really apparent in this photo but I can assure you that the Barrie is narrower because I had to sell the Barrie boots because they were too cramped (widthwise) in the forefoot. In comparison, the Truebalance boots in the same size fit me wonderfully.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rolling green

By the way, do you use these boots primarily with jeans or for work?

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PeterParker
^^^
Yes, in my experience the Barrie last is pointier and narrower than the Trubalance.

Barrie Last:
copyofr0010142.jpg

r0010137.jpg

The leftmost boot is the Barrie lasted boot, and the one in the middle is Trubalance, both the same size (the right most boot is also Trubalance, but a different size). It's not really apparent in this photo but I can assure you that the Barrie is narrower because I had to sell the Barrie boots because they were too cramped (widthwise) in the forefoot. In comparison, the Truebalance boots in the same size fit me wonderfully.

Nice pics there PP, and thanks for sharing. Ya, even in those pics the Barrie last looks dressier while the trubalance looks more "boot-like". And then I think when you throw the NST on it and it emphasizes the narrower/pointier toe even more. Again, this is all just my opinion, and it really depends on what looks you like and are going for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics