1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Y'all have hit this thread hard today. I can barely keep up with the never-ending, strong pics and posts. I went with the color 8 wingtip boots on barrie (sorry no whiskey today). Nice pairing with thick wool slacks on a cold gloomy-looking day...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Love these boots. Now I just need to wear and enjoy!

5 people like this.
  2. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Gorgeous Boots RTP!

3. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

This is in honor of whomever got in on the 8 unlined dover pre-order today. I've had these since summer '14, and they'll be getting eased into the regular rotation shortly.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Update from this mornings post above...

Some patient Mdubs style brushing at the end of the day and I can almost remove all the creases from my PTB (Right shoe gone and left shoe so close) . I have had the most success with these in particular, my LWB and LHS have had lesser results.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  5. 90shilling

90shilling Senior member

Gorgeous Dovers, when I get mine they will go through a similar "Admiration Period" before wear.

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Tons of discussion around this topic in the thread. There is a lot of great denim. Start with the type of cut you want and exact measurements. From there you can begin to select a denim and brand

7. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

I like that 90! With my most recent acquisitions it's been different - out there on day one. Mostly on office carpeting, but they're getting wear.

8. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Great work Buz!!! Keep it up! :)

9. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Yeah were doing a few nice restaurants hence my concern about wearing nice shoes. I reckon beaters are the way to go though in terms of drunkkness and what not. Cheers.

Thanks steve. I am gonna stick to beaters. I don't even like getting on a crowded subway car with people stepping all over my shoes. Thanks for the tips regarding the night walkers. After dealing with some expensive public urination tickets at the shore I do not engage in, nor condone public urination anymore. Plus its just not cool...but we've all been there. Cheers.

Thanks for the info! I am gonna bring some epaulet sneakers i completely forgot i have for day time activities, some old loafers for dinner, and some other beaters for late nite festivities. Were going to hustler club so hopefully its a good time. The groom is not a strip club kinda guy at all so we will probably not be there long. However, you know how these things go. Cheers.

I think i might pick up a pair of natty cxl on commando lwbs. Could be the solution. I also need to stop babying my shell shoes, i just can't bring myself to do it.

Thanks for all the responses guys. Interesting to see how some guys wear/use their shoes. My initial inclination was to go with color 8 cordovan bc i figured it could take a beating. But i can not bring myself to bear the possible ruin/scratches that might result. I have a pair of epaulet sneakers that are amazing, and while not beaters nor cheap i kinda picked them up for more casual activities. Cheers guys.

10. mdubs

Cee, those are looking great my friend. I know that you have been getting good use out of them.
    Repp, your boots are killer! Enjoy them today my friend.
    Cee, those are all terrific looking kicks. Enjoy them in good health my friend.
    Wow, those are looking good my friend. I must say for one second, I thought you had crazy hairy ankles until I realized those were your socks.
    Jedi, way to keep the LWBs rolling in!!! -Mike

11. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Well done sir! You take awesome in the wild pics.

12. jch7149

jch7149 Active Member

New color 8 wingtip boots today [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. mdubs

Those are classic and great. Hope that you enjoyed them today!

14. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Great shoes. Deadly 1-2 w yesterday's whiskeys.
    The ptbs are looking good sir.
    Outstanding shoes and photos.
    Killer boots rtp. You wear them well.

15. mw313

mw313 Senior member

looking good. The blue in the sock really pops with the grey pants and #8 shell.
    I was just thinking of doing something like that tomorrow but with my PTB in #8

16. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior member

RTP, these look amazing! Great color on these. I'm starting to get on board with the whole "color 8 is king" mentality.

Chris

17. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

Haha I was just sassing you bud!

18. gentfarmer

gentfarmer Senior member

Aldens in the wild!!!!

I was shopping at a local Jean vendor open house today and I was amazed to see not one or two but three people wearing Aldens!

And to top it off I saw a boot that is now my Grail boot. Whisky colored, alpine grain, handsewn, NST, commando sole, brass eyes, jumper boot

19. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

You can get that boot at Citishoes in NYC

http://www.citishoes.com/custom_boots.htm

I believe another retailer has also done the same makeup. Not sure who.. I am sure mdubs will fill us in!

20. AidanSSK

AidanSSK Member

I finally decided that today was the THE day, to order my first Aldens. I went to order the Shell #8 Indy, which is much different from my previous choices, from TSM, and they're out of stock in my size (imagine me playing the world's smallest violin for myself). Disappointed but I hope everyone else got their pre-orders in today :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.