1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I just noticed Leffot updated the ETA on preorders to 16-24 weeks. I swear last time I ordered it was 12-16 weeks. No complaints as I'm happy to wait plus it gives me more time to save in case I snag both.

2. Watchman1

Watchman1 Senior member

If you guys haven't noticed.....mdubs marketplace listing for his whiskey PTB is closed.......:nodding:

It's going to be a very good week for the Watchman.........:D

1 person likes this.
  3. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

While you chilling, check out the EG thread...... ;)

4. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

I was fortunate to get on the last round of the Leffot #8 LWB. I'm holding out to see what other options might happen...plus I'm still waiting on 4 pre-orders to arrive from last year.

Alden Madison Ravello and Whiskey WTB and Cigar LHS, plus Ravello NST boot from TSM. That's getting me close to being done on my dream list. Plus the DC Ravello CT boot. Did I mention I like Ravello?

Good luck to those getting what you want!

See Ya,
    Steve

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  5. jt2gt

jt2gt Senior member

Dream list...that's like never buy another pair of Aldens again list if those all come through. Awesome.

6. sazon

sazon Senior member

its a club you proudly join as a new years resolution, and then you quickly realize it was a decision made in a moment of weakness.

its a stupid club, immature club.

I left the club in 5 days.

7. sazon

sazon Senior member

i've seen those #8 lwbs in exc condition for 25% off.

8. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

My shell boots remain closeted while I've been favoring CXL the past few weeks in our 5 feet of snow.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. stevent

stevent Senior member

I've surprising lasted 12 days

Want to get in on dover but really would prefer an EG dover. Wish there were more unlined dover options

10. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Been waiting for the LWB to make a return but really love those dovers. Unlined is so nice. And after I join a few makeups this afternoon. Sheesh.

11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I always debate between the 975, Leffot's antique longwing and the cigar longwing. I don't know which is better. The 975 is obviously classic but the Leffot longwing (when I owned it) got more compliments...

12. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Agreed. Unlined cordovan dovers feel lighter and more flexible. However, you are exactly right in that the lack of the double leather sole (combined with the unlined upper) makes the shoe less comfortable than other Alden shoes for walking.

13. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior member

I thought the correct answer was to buy all of them.

14. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

The LWB with antique edge is top of my list. What are the chances of getting a non-stock (7E) size? Sounds like it's first come first serve. I am a pre-order virgin.

15. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

I've literally never pre-ordered a pair of Aldens. And I am alive and surving just fine with many a pair of Aldens. . Although I don't have any whiskey...

16. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

With exception of the Ravello NST boot, all are paid in advance because of my foot size. The Ravello NST my CC was charged and then refunded..which is how TSM operates. The only thing that would prevent them being delivered is if there'sa defect in my pair or if they run out of material while making them. That does happen. All of these are confirmed, and most in production. All of these are special to me, and took a lot of emails, phone calls, begging to get there. In addition all of them required lightning fast decisions with no hesitation or you lose!

The best way to get there is constant checking in with these retailers! At least 1 time per month check in. In most cases these make ups are not known they will be made until Alden and allows a few pairs to be made, in some cases 12 pairs or less. I got into this game 3 years ago, at that time I thought there was no chance to get a whiskey, ravello, or cigar anything. There's a few others that done well too. All will tell you that creating a relationship, and doing the leg work is what is required.

See Ya,
    Steve

17. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Which ones did you go to most often? For me, it has always been the 975.

18. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

My opinion- everyone must own the 975. Period.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

They are so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking them up.

19. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

What life is there without whiskey? [​IMG]

20. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

RTP-I agree with that! I love whiskey shell and the bottled version too.

Media hound-Many SF members can do well without preorders. Unfortunately for me only a few retailers will include size 13 in an order unless paid in advance. I can deal with, and understand that requirement.

See Ya,
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.