• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldenwear

Reaction score
No worries, if it would have been anywhere other than right on the toebox I wouldn't have even attempted anything. Luckily lemon juice did the trick and lifted the stain right out!
Lemon juice? Excellent. Glad you are happy.

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RIght now I am trying to "break in" a pair of #8 LHS i just picked up from ebay and literally received this morning.....they don't appear to have much wear at all and I feel pretty lucky to have found these for $280! That is exactly how I intend on wearing them.....with chinos/khakis and shorts......probably without socks once it warms up a bit......in my opinion, they are definitely not too dressy to be worn this way.
Shell LHS; probably my favorite pair of Aldens. They turn into slippers in no time. sockless with shorts is a solid look. Usually get compliments each time i ear them.

prez

Reaction score

Just got back from Paris where I visited Anatomica. The guys there were very helpful, they measured my feet with the Brannock device & gave me a lot of tips about the Alden lasts. They carry only Modified last as they believe it is the most comfortable. The shock for me was that I was measured 10,5c while I wear 9 d on Barrie! They told me that a lot of people that visit them turn up wearing the wrong size their whole life. He insisted in me trying the 10,5 c & it fit perfectly with a bit of room space up front. I ended up buying 2 pairs, one of which I am posting above, an unlined color 8 cordovan, code 5610. Amazing shoe! Can we find c sizing anywhere? Is it possible to have so different sizing with the other lasts? Has this happened to anyone else?

thams

Reaction score
Just got back from Paris where I visited Anatomica. The guys there were very helpful, they measured my feet with the Brannock device & gave me a lot of tips about the Alden lasts. They carry only Modified last as they believe it is the most comfortable. The shock for me was that I was measured 10,5c while I wear 9 d on Barrie! They told me that a lot of people that visit them turn up wearing the wrong size their whole life. He insisted in me trying the 10,5 c & it fit perfectly with a bit of room space up front. I ended up buying 2 pairs, one of which I am posting above, an unlined color 8 cordovan, code 5610. Amazing shoe! Can we find c sizing anywhere? Is it possible to have so different sizing with the other lasts? Has this happened to anyone else?
Nice! I plan to hit it up when I'm in Paris in a couple of weeks. Any sort of different models/rare colors? I really like the look of the shoes on your feet whereas I'm generally not a fan of modified shoes in pictures. Nice!

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you for sharing your experience. That pair looks great, I saw these on a 2nds list not too long ago had no idea they were unlined (I preferred unlined on many of the models I would wear casually).

tampatravel

Reaction score

The LHS is one of the most versatile shoes you can buy. If you only bought those and a pair of PTBs you'd be set. Unless your @tifosi and like to look down at stitching on your toes.

**Those shies above are Whiskey & Cigar and even less versatile than #8**

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for your advice ands pics.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sounds like a great experience. I agree about the Modified being the most comfortable last and once I zeroed in on my proper size, each pair if had (an NST and a PTB) fit like a glove. However, I just couldn't get over the look of the shape of the shoes and parted ways with them. I'm one of those folks who actually fines the "bloobiness" of the Barrie last aesthetically appealing.

That being said, if I am ever in Paris, I still plan to check out Anotomica.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

tampatravel

Reaction score
My goodness...after sending my BB PTB Alden #8 shoes in to be recrafted on Jan 16th...they have charged my CC today $159.

Tomorrow would be the 6th week they've actually had the shoes. So, it looks like they're running about 7 weeks foot to foot *or door to door* in case anyone was wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads