1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentfarmer

gentfarmer Senior member

Does anyone know who was making the boot tongue trainers or know what the fix is to keep the tongues in the center that takes a cobbler to stitch in Alden boots?

2. zennypoo

zennypoo Senior member

Thank you all for the kind words!

-D

3. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Alden x ShoeMart Ravello NST Blucher.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Mike

1 person likes this.
  4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

@mdubs those are amazing

5. Dicky Dicardo

Dicky Dicardo Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mike for the info. I had not considered that aspect of the issue. Seems like whenever I see one of their older shoes, it's the 4-A's logo. Yes, I'm referring to an all leather heel without the rubber toplift. I have an older BB LHS pair and the heel has no rubber on it. I can provide a photo if needed. I don't know for certain that's it original, but I'm pretty sure it is. I'm wondering if the shoes can be dated by the heel style. The code is 7A11 026 5 763

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  6. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I believe someone just posted a pic of their boot with the stitch. I don't think it was too long ago. My only boot that does this is my Ravello Daytrippers. Drives me absolutely bonkers and I've considered selling them because of it. haha

7. prez

prez Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tanker boots in Black Shell Cordovan on the Modified last

1 person likes this.
  8. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

It stays black. Not much color variation or anything (especially if you use occasional black polish)

9. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Thanks Mike, thats what I was looking for. I was looking at the SF ones. What does DC typically do?

10. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

King full strap today:
    [​IMG]

11. inn8chiro

inn8chiro Senior member

[​IMG]
    Top of the morning from the land of lincoln !!

2 people like this.
  12. mdubs

DC has their first run of Cigar LWBs ever in production right now and I got a non-answer from Kathy when I asked, so I do not know. My inclination is to say it will match the San Fran design, so it's probable it will have the dark edges, but anything is possible.

13. mdubs

Frankly, I would guess that someone replaced the top lift. If you have not owned the shoes since their maiden voyage it will be hard to know for sure. But, I have not ever seen an Alden with no combo heel myself.

The run number only tells me that it was made in a year ending in 7, so it's from 2007, 1997, etc. I will say that the BB Unlined LHSes appear to age faster due to their unlined nature, but they are comfy and totally worth it.

14. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

She added me to the list for that last month even though I said I wasn't sure since I want yo know what color the trim is.

Mdubs - those Ravello NSTs are the exact combo I want. How long ago did TSM do those?

15. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Gotcha. I'm 3rd on that list I believe and didn't even think to ask. Maybe I could try for some more info. My guess is the factory stores tend to keep it more convservative while other retailers will push it a bit. However with NYCs antique tankers it kinda disputes that convention.

16. mdubs

Thanks Kahuna!!! :)

17. mdubs

They did a small run of probably 12 pair that arrived in September.

18. mdubs

Factory stores have to keep it more conservative as all their shoes are owned by Art and he tends to favor more conservative designs. DC did their "Joe" Boot this summer, which is a Grant Lasted Indy, they tried to do it with Brass Eyelets, but Art vetoed that when he put them into production. My estimate is also based upon they try and minimize the number of model numbers they have... -Mike

19. mdubs

Looking good in your Full-Straps today. Have a good Thursday.
    That is just too cold for me. You should move somewhere warmer. Hope your boots keep your ankles from freezing.
    Prez, looking good in your boots. Interesting how they appear to be machine stitched vice the normal hand stitching. I can't see the split toe in the pics, maybe I need to put my glasss on, but those look more Indy patterned to me.

20. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

Please let me know if you ever hear of a Ravello NST in the works again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.