1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

Guys!!! Alden NY just received Color 8 shell tanker boots. They have commando sole with antique edge trim and have speed hook, reverse welt & Barrie Last!!

I personally prefer the leffot tanker with flat welt, but damn it, I just can't wait! Already have mine secured, act fast if you want them.

@inn8chiro Can't believe I shouted in your IG yesterday that I want the shell tankers and they arrived today. What a coincidence! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Gents - thanks for all the kind words regarding the suede tassels. @Shawnc - you made the right decision my friend. The snuff can be worn with almost any pair of slacks for business casual as well as jeans and even shorts if your so inclined. Factor in the price during a BB sale and it is a win win. The foxing on the heel is also a nice detail. Considering the rumblings about the Alden/BB relationship being frayed I hope it continues - they carry some great and classic models that can be had at a great price during some of the corp sales etc. Have a good day guys.

3. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

I'd love to have those but have decided to take a hiatus (starting with the new year) from spending for a bit. We'll see if something really interesting comes along and makes me fall off the wagon but I'm holding strong for now.

4. epc2

epc2 Senior member

Guys,

Regarding the eyelets Nick charges $5 per eyelet the $15-$20 is to change speedhooks for eyelets on boots.

5. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior member

6. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I figured Leffot would have the lock on that makeup. I guess not.

7. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

That sounds much more agreeable to me. I'm sure others appreciate the clarification.

8. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:I just saw the IG post after they posted and sent an email. Which they said to do. Did you give them a call? I see you posted well before it was on IG. Just curious. I like the design. However the Leffot flat welt version is hot.

9. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

10. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

11. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:split vs flat welt.

12. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:Interesting as the IG post today says they are Barrie. That'd be awesome if they stocked them though.

13. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

Not a huge fan of the tanker, but I prefer the Leffot flat welt. It's not on my list to buy, but I may be temped if Leffot does another run.

14. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior member

Thanks for the suggestion. I will consider it as an option if I get too tired of waiting. I'm in Canada and there aren't any cobblers in Toronto that I would trust with my good year welted shoes. So, sending to B. Nelson adds currency exchange rates plus $50 shipping and it very quickly becomes an expensive proposition! Maybe I'll start a new trend and only do half brass eyelets...

15. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

16. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

17. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I slightly prefer the Leffot version (wearing them today, too) with the flat welt. There is a bit less antique going on down there with the flat welt. I think the split reverse is a bit too much for me.

18. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

But is not moar antique not better?????!!!!!!

19. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Maybe for some... haha

20. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Quote:My gut feeling is for the flat welt as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.