1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Details please DV... are these available currently? I've been looking to fill this exact boot/shoe in my collection! Almost pulled the trigger on a pair of C&J Islay but wasn't sure about sizing and shape of that boot. I think I would prefer this one.

Is this the same boot??
    http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-me...xsbd-44611h_ald_m_5_eyelet_wing_tip_boot.html

It looks so much darker (and better) in your pic.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  2. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

I know .. that's definitely it .. She thinks they are old fart .. Likes Gucci Bit Loafer much better. Oh well.... Sucks as I love the LWB, hell my Dad had them in every single shell and calf color. Of course they were 5 nail tanks.. maybe I just say screw it and use them for my nightly dog walks .. damn things are so comfy...

3. ReppTiePrepster

Very cool father!

4. FLW

FLW Senior member

I am in a similar boat. I started with AEs then moved into Carmina and am mow adding Alden. My wife knows I fiendishly collect shoes (and books) but I am very reasonable on most anything else.

Oh, and if your wife subscribes to the whole " people notice shoes first" idea (which is true), just make sure you never watch Shawshank Redemption together. My father still quotes the line about a man's shoes back to me every time I mention the need for nice ones.

5. ReppTiePrepster

Andy was successful, wasn't he? [​IMG]

BTW, it's women that notice the shoes first. The moral of the story: the warden and the guards should have been women.

6. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

The worst part about that whole sequence is that Tim Robbins is like 6'3" and the guy who played the warden was probably a foot shorter, so there's no way they would have worn even close to the same shoe size.

7. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Thanks Rep! I swear to God he wore LWB every freaking day. Never a jean.. Ever.. The only loafer he ever sported was BB #8 and Black Shell Tassel loafers .. I guess he figured he was covered for every situation with that line up .. and as I think back .. he certainly was .. BTW the women love my Dad .. True!!

8. ReppTiePrepster

I think I love him! [​IMG]

9. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

thank you rtp.
    that is the boot, but i don't think the dark brown scotch is available at the moment. these are from 2010.

10. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Rep .. He was a WWII B-24 Liberator Pilot 6'2" Absolute Stud... was amazing.. I miss him. Sorry I digress. It must be my BB #8' Tassels today with jeans.. Ugg he'd hate that

11. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

My girlfriend loves the wingtip and captoe styles. What she hates are the loafers and moc-toes because she sees those models as being "old man's style". Funny because I thought the same thing when I first got into shoes. Her order of preference is captoe>wingtip>plain toe> moc toe/loafers.

12. FLW

FLW Senior member

Or any of us. Could you imagine if those had been Aldens? Andy walks by, we'd be all "Hey! You think I'm not going to recognize a pair of 975s?! Now who's obtuse?!"

13. chrisefi

chrisefi Senior member

In my case, she likes wingtip, cap toe, chukkah and plain toe designs. She's not a fan of my LWB's or any NST's. She's indifferent on the Indy design. She loves my Ravello WT Boots, so I'm going to take advantage of that green light and look for wingtip shoes and boots in suede and other colors!

It's funny how opinions from unbiased third parties who don't know as much about the allure of Alden hunting can put things into perspective.

14. ReppTiePrepster

I'm a big US history fan... much respect for our veterans!

15. ReppTiePrepster

That's just about my preference; sharp woman!

16. ReppTiePrepster

[​IMG]

17. ReppTiePrepster

Man is that a great looking, versatile boot!

18. AidanSSK

AidanSSK Member

I love reading this thread, and I love looking at these Aldens. @MrDV those boots are beautiful

19. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

thanks for the kind words gentlemen.

20. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

Same here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.