1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

I have been waiting since August for a Leffot preorder on their Greenwich boot in reverse chamois. I have also come close to giving up a few times out of frustration. However, after seeing these, I will definitely wait them out. Seeing yours with a few miles on them has me even more excited about mine. Hopefully mine will age as nicely as yours. Well done.

2. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

Thank you. Mine are the Otis Indy Shoe from Unionmade. Highly recommend this leather

3. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

Wow, I was thinking the exact same thing! I think we watch too much Seinfeld.

1 person likes this.
  4. inn8chiro

inn8chiro Senior member

I know right!! She asked me to make a fire I'm like sure thing, I go and shower run downstairs took a picture and walked away....it's the best decision:]

5. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Looks like the catalogue, not the box, right? I'm lucky my wife accepts (not encourage) my shoes.

6. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Breaking the seal on my Epaulet Tauntons today:

[​IMG]

P.S. Just updated my sig too . . .

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Probably best to mention the size

8. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Ah. Had the number but not the word. Thanks for the tip.

9. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Very nice! I can only hope for that conversation soon. I'm keeping it a bit on the down low for now until we find a new house. After that then all bets are off. She's made some comments on my AE's that I have which is appreciated. Only just starting the Alden madness. Not go crazy, just pick up when I can and good deals. As long as she is ok with it and it comes out of my slush fund I think we'll be fine.

I do agree women notice shoes first. However I didn't get started into proper footwear until after we had started dating. So was kind of a moot point, and I can't say oh I've had those for years. Wonder what life would have been like with good shoes right after college, so many possibilities...

1 person likes this.
  10. Tommi

Tommi Senior member

Do you guys think it would insane to have #8 shell Indys as 'beater' boots instead of some CXL Indys? Just wondering... :rolleyes:

11. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

YES +1 Shell will last and look better longer..

12. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Sure! That's how I used mine. The shape of Trubalance doesnt work for me so I sold them.

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

As long as you stick to it...I always claim I'm gonna use a bout like that as a "beater" then I actualky receive them and they are too pretty and I never do. Learned my lesson and bought some Vibegs. Lol

14. LeBeef

LeBeef Senior member

All this wife/partner talk got me thinking...are Aldens your first foray into "collecting"/hoarding shoes, or are folks here transitioning from sneakers or other brands? I only have one pair of Aldens, but if I ever do get a little collection going, my wife would be used to it given the number of sneakers I have.

15. circleslife

circleslife Senior member

16. MT1982

MT1982 Senior member

I bought some boots from Frans Boone in early December, I believe. I paid via Paypal and all went well. If you're in the US then you won't have to pay any customs fees to bring them into the country since they were made here. The folks that package up the boots/shoes will write "US Made product" or whatever on the customs forms.

17. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

I started with and still collect cowboy boots. Many of mine cost 3k-4k a pair. I've got about 24 pairs of boots, about 24 pairs of Alden shell. My wife does not like the amount I have, but does like the style of boots and shoes I have.

See Ya,
    Steve

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  18. Tommi

Tommi Senior member

Thanks guys! I think I would end up in the same situation as ryderfan and never use them as real beaters. :D In my case that 'beating' would also include walking in salty slush.

19. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

scotch grain x tsm
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

I think women today see the wingtip as an old man's style. I know my wife isn't thrilled by my LWBs; maybe it's because I have a dozen of them. Each of the models you've mentioned she likes has some sort of visible stitching in the shoe. Maybe that is the key, but yes indeed, happy wife happy life... [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.