1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don L

Don L Senior member

TSM Whiskey LWB

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. rick

rick Senior member

Thanks

3. csmitty

csmitty Senior member

Well, finally was able to try on the new boots this morning. Sorry for the boring parking lot shots. Was hoping to give my first pairs a better first wear but couldn't wait.

Alden x BB in what appears to be Snuff Suede.

[​IMG]

I think i'm going to like the crepe in the end.

Alden x Leffot Chamois Daytrippers.

[​IMG]

First time trying on the Grant last. My foot seems properly placed but from what I can tell a bit more length in front of the toes.

For the Chamois leather, any special care or treatment after some wet weather?

2 people like this.
  4. 90shilling

90shilling Senior member

Very nice - where did you get the snuff suede v-tip and what last are they on?

5. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

None whatsoever. Great boots - both pairs.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  6. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Yes, vintage Florsheim imperial cordovans run tts. I had an awesome pair about 2 years ago. Equal in quality to 975.
    Your whiskey looks so nice donl.

1 person likes this.
  7. katch

katch Senior member

My BB Cordovan Wingtips purchased on ebay are out for delivery. Can't wait to get home!

8. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

All I can say is that my experience differs. TTS would have been huge.

9. 90shilling

90shilling Senior member

Chiming in - I thrifted a pair of vintage Florsheim royal imperial longwings (not cordovan) and the size 9.5 (TTS) fit me perfectly versus having to go down to size 9 for my Alden 975. They are built like a tank and every bit as heavy as my 975's.

10. Mghart

Mghart Senior member

Wanted to get just a general consensus/opinion for a first color 8 boot I plan on getting once new years is over with. I'm on the fence between the Tanker boot from citishoes, or the standard 4060 CT boot. Ultimately, I will probably end up with both, but for the meantime as a first cordovan boot, which would you choose?

11. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

If I wanted more flexibility in terms of dressing up/down, I'd grab the 4060 first. Can be worn with jeans or even the dressier side of business casual (and many would say a suit if done properly). But if just looking for a boot to wear more casually, I'd grab the tanker boot.

You should definitely get both as you said. : - )

12. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

What size did you take in Grant and as compare with your Barrie size?

13. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Those green LWB are fantastic, and excellent suede rotation. Tan suede PTB Would round out the collection. Congrats and enjoy!

14. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Senior member

After alot of opening and closing of windows, the Leffot website, and PayPal, I lost the battle of impulse control and dropped the hammer on the Chamois Daytrippers.

I'm such a child....:)

15. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I agree with @budapest12 . That is the order I went in as well. 4060 was my first #8 boot then I got the tanker later on.

It is hard to choose between them without knowing the rest of your collection and/or your intended usage.

16. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I still want those. I'm hoping they are out of my size by now.

17. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Senior member

Man I felt like Pookie in New Jack City staring at a crack-pipe. It's calling me dog...it's calling me!

1 person likes this.
  18. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

They are calling me too, but I have the reverse chamois wingtip boot on pre-order there so I have to stay strong.

19. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

They still have my size... [​IMG]

Seeing some family tomorrow and exchanging xmas gifts, if somehow I even up with some cash and they are still around I may have to pull the trigger. They keep tempting me and now seeing the in the wild pics on here is making it harder to hold back.

I really regret not pulling the trigger on those, they are going to be unreal. On my 2015 wish list.

20. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

What color?

My lists.

On order:
    Cigar LWB (Alden DC)

Grail list:
    Cigar SWB (w/sleek last)

That's it! I've been acquiring my Alden's on some sort of discount this past year. Makes it easier to rationalize my purchases, lol. I would only pay full price for the above. I got the #8 975s with that Jcrew code, #8 shortwings on ebay, Some calf CTs from the Shoemart 2nds. They've all worked out. I suspect haunting this thread will get me some more Aldens on discount this year.

Happy new year all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.