• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The way to do it is to invest in technology and staff. I used to go to Leffot when it was just Steven working there. They've staffed up, built a website and streamlined preorders. The result appears to be higher sales.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Gorgeous. It's inspired me to dig my pair out of the closet to wear tomorrow. I don't think I've put them on in about 5 months.
Having a size 7.5 or 8.0 foot, I get multiple inquiries from international buyers on nearly every shoe I post up. Almost all of them from Hong Kong or Singapore (occasionally I get inquiries from Malaysia, Philippines, South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan). Usually, the buyer will have me ship to a proxy on the West Coast. There have been a few times that I've shipped directly to the foreign buyer though and I always wonder if they get smacked with big import duties on their end (I always ship through USPS).

If they are 8D, you should just sell them to me.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How?

Speaking of which.

Please, how?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ Hurry and tell us before Alden pulls all the exotic shell pics from this site!!!

Alpina

Reaction score
LoL. Isn't that a crazy concept though???
Another crazy concept: I live 100 miles from the factory, yet if I get a pair of Aldens from Leather Soul, it travels 10,000+ sky miles between the loading dock and my doorstep. Clearly they have their reasons, (not the least of which is needing to get their QC hands on them) but it's amusing nonetheless.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

See? Who needs rare shell??

Thanks tifosi.
With black tankers, color 8 tankers and black NST, I have avoided the color 8 NST, but the photos from you and others seem to confirm it is at least a top 5 alden model, maybe top 3...

These are on the Aberdeen which makes them slightly more formal. I forget about them, but really enjoy them when I put them on.
Nice MRDV. Model 2210 is one of Alden's finest.

Thanks sftg.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

My guess is he replaces his carpet every 6 months. That light color can only be that pristine if it's new.

LOL @MrDV Yea....that's what he meant...haha

lint

Reaction score
Yeah I am kind of thinking the same, just enjoy the Indy as is and maybe get the commando when a resole is needed.

At $525 USD plus shipping, taxes and brokerage fees I could be up to close to $700 CAD for those Ultimate Indys. Not worth it since the Indys in town would run me $520 after tax, I already have a few pairs of flat waxed laces to make them look like the LS version anyways hahaha.

I just got an email back from O'Connors here in town saying they have them in stock in my size (I think, haven't tried the Trubalance last yet), so you guys may be seeing pics of my new Indys shortly.

I think the only difference is the commando sole, and I don't think it warrants the difference in price. I lucked out at o'connors and they had a pair of old new stock 405s in my size and I got them at a great price, once the sidewalks are cleaned or packed down, I haven't found much of a problem with the neocork soles walking around calgary. the penetrating cold is a much bigger problem.

I paid $60USD for shipping and $40.xx in brokerage and GST for my pt boots from leffot, but I can't buy off the rack :(

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the only difference is the commando sole, and I don't think it warrants the difference in price. I lucked out at o'connors and they had a pair of old new stock 405s in my size and I got them at a great price, once the sidewalks are cleaned or packed down, I haven't found much of a problem with the neocork soles walking around calgary. the penetrating cold is a much bigger problem.

I paid $60USD for shipping and $40.xx in brokerage and GST for my pt boots from leffot, but I can't buy off the rack :(

That's great info Lint, I actually went down to O'Connors and picked up the 403 today. I got word back from Leather Soul and the price of the Ultimate Indy is going to be $575 USD and shipping to Canada is $45. With the brokerage fees that is going to put that boot at around $740 CAD and that is just ridiculous. Was able to grab the 403 for $495 and O'Connors even said they could put a commando sole on it for me when it came time to resole.

My second hand CXL PTB also arrived today so now I am officially part of the Alden family!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great first choice!! Welcome! I wear my CXL Indy's all the time and really like the neocork.

turdburglar

Reaction score
That's great info Lint, I actually went down to O'Connors and picked up the 403 today. I got word back from Leather Soul and the price of the Ultimate Indy is going to be $575 USD and shipping to Canada is $45. With the brokerage fees that is going to put that boot at around $740 CAD and that is just ridiculous. Was able to grab the 403 for $495 and O'Connors even said they could put a commando sole on it for me when it came time to resole.

My second hand CXL PTB also arrived today so now I am officially part of the Alden family!

very nice! i'm waiting on my pair of PTBs then i'll have a similar pic; well except both will be brown CXL. lol.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a pair of Alden PTB in Black Cordovan 10D Under $600?
*Besides Ebay

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Anyone know where I can get a pair of Alden PTB in Black Cordovan 10D Under $600? 
*Besides Ebay

Get a Brook Bros corporate discount card and you can get them for 15% off right now although it doesn't look like they have 10D.
The 30% corporate event is the 20th or something like that. It's a crapshoot whether they'll pull the cordovan from the site or not.

basilios

Reaction score
Howdy all. Question for the indy owners here.

After a few months of wear my indys have stretched and my pinkie toes deform the leather. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do? Or will my toe eventually break through the leather.

Also every time I step down the stairs my left boot makes a squeak/whoosh sound. Sort of like air coming out of the boot. Anyone else have this happen to them too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads