1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

Respectfully beg to differ. Perhaps at some point, but I feel in the last couple of years Leffot has absolutely been killing it.

2. Pastor

Pastor Senior member

That's not "allegedly", it came straight from Tom's mouth. I'm one of the ones who will never buy from LS. I still enjoy looking at their makeups but I just won't support their business practices. It's their decision (and right) to run their business the way they want and it's my decision to not give them my business.

3. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Call Alden on Madison. They have the 403 on commando (recently replenished stock).

4. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  5. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Someone asked about Last. They are Van Lasted. Tend to be a tiny bit tighter due to lack of lining.

That is a hard decision AD, creat shoe, but some risk in trying this.

6. MarcoF

MarcoF Member

Merry Xmas to me - just got an email from TSM - whiskey LWB have shipped

7. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Congrats!!!! Yours is just arriving now??

8. MarcoF

MarcoF Member

Just shipped today

9. smmrfld

smmrfld Well-Known Member

+1. Too bad, really. I can never understand why a business fosters an anti-customer attitude, evident in phone interaction, ordering, waitlists, etc.

10. walds11

walds11 Senior member

I am aware of the Madison's 403 on commando. They had my size as of 2 weeks ago. I prefer the 360 degree welt stitching on the Belfast version vs. the 270 degree on the Madsion version.

Are these versions pretty much the same as the LS Ultimate Indy?

11. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

They are talking about Leather Soul not Leffot.

See Ya,
    Steve

12. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

I know. My response was to the comment in which someone stated they felt leather soul had the best makeups.

13. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

The important word is "had" and I think LS did some of the best makeups in the past. No doubt Leffot has killed it the last few years. However TSM, Alden DC and SF, plus Alden on Madison have had some great options too. I feel very fortunate to land some incredible make ups the last 2 years. AOC has had a couple of great ones lately too!

Merry Christmas to All!

See Ya,
    Steve

14. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

B Nelson won't resize.

15. walds11

walds11 Senior member

My bad, I converted using Euros not Pounds, LOL. £408 is approx $635 USD, so not really a good price, but I want them anyway because I really like the 360 welt stitching.

16. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior member

perhaps they do. i wouldn't know as i purchased these from a reseller in hong kong. the boots are from 2012 (thanks to mdubs for the help in identifying the 'vintage'). just plain dumb luck on my end to be able to acquire these.

17. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

I bought the black pair for tuxedo and white tie wear. I think they are very comfortable, and look great.

I thinkthe color 8 pair, as well as the blacl, would also look great with jeans and oth er casual clothes.

18. Zzen

Zzen Well-Known Member

Question for all of you Alden buffs about the plaza last. The Alden website says it is "slightly longer than regular U.S. size", but does not denote it as one that is a 1/2 size larger than regular US sizes. Do you normally size down on this last or do you wear the same size as regular US sized shoes?

I am a 10.5D in AEs. Considering some used 10d Alden burgundy shell via ebay since it is out of my price range at full retail.

These are the shoes in question which I believe are on the plaza last, but please correct me if you believe otherwise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Brook...9779205?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item43d49ba605

19. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Is do not think sizing up 1/2 sizsize for grant is likely to work. I wear 7E in barrie- lasted shoes and can often wear 7.5D in barrie - sizing up one-hald in length, but down in width - although the fit is not ideal. 7.5E is my brannock size and what I wear in grant lasted shoes and boots.

I have tried sizing up one-half size and down in width to 8D to see if that size would work in grant and plaza lasts because these sizes are far more plentiful than "e" widths. Unlike sizing up/width down in barrie, this strategy did not work for me in grant or plaza. I. These lasta, the shoes felt so long they were like clown shoes, but we're still too narrow.

20. schmallo15

schmallo15 Senior member

I go true to size on the plaza last. 1/2 down would be too small for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.