1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Sorry for spewing inaccuracies, guys. I guess it's only my boots. I know my shell LWB tongues are lined. I think that's it, though.

2. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

I have credit at Leffot. Trying to decide between these two. Or maybe waiting for a better offering down the road. At the moment I'm leaning towards the natty CXL chukka (since the Cigar chukkas are tight on me and aren't going to work). Which would you go with?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  3. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I know it's no help, but that is a decision really only you can make. Which do you like more?

4. breck81

breck81 Senior member

5. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Cigar
    just kidding, I know you want them to fit perfectly. While Tifosi is exactly correct, I would go with the natty chrmxl because if they are a bit snug to start (like the Cigar), they well stretch some and mold to the shape of your foot. Good luck...

6. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Pulled another seldom used grail out of the closet and dust bags. Really tempted to go with the boot version in color 8! [Edit: Ugh! No longer in stock]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ravello NST on Aberdeen, from TSM

7. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

3 more months!

8. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Those are amazing. Are they from the TSM fire sale? Still kicking myself for only picking up whiskey PTBs then.

9. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

great looking boots. the horween stamp is the perfect bonus.
    ravello nst is hot hot hot hot hot fire. well done my friend.

10. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

#8/suede saddles x j.crew
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

Those are the exact shoes I've been wanting if I were to go Ravello. Please let me know ASAP if you ever hear of this make up again.

12. reggieandtfe

reggieandtfe Member

Hello all, I'm looking for some emergency cleaning advice. These are CXL Indys and I have this horrible spot/smudge/stain that I have been unable to remove via my normal cleaning.

I have no idea what caused the stain. It's near black, has a tacky feeling to the touch and has foiled all my cleaning attempts. This is my third pair of Alden CXL boots and I have used the same method for keeping them all looking new until now: horsehair brushing a couple times a week, Allen Edmonds cleaner/conditioner once every two or three months and then a final light layer of either Saphire Reno or Alden Paste wax with some vigorous brushing. After applying this method, I think I actually smeared and spread the stain out!

Any ideas? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

I don't really consider myself a two eyelet chukka guy, though I do like those CXLs. No surprise though that I vastly prefer the suede NST chukka. The six eyelet chukka makeup is nice, that color of suede is great, and I am a fan of the crepe on certain casual makeups, especially suede and chamois.

14. coolarrow

coolarrow Senior member

15. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Me too! Although way too lazy to take a pic.

16. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Looks like some black grease ...from a car or something like that...while I have had success using Grease Lightning on sneakers to get it off have never tried it on fine footwear..perhaps pick some..or Goof Off and try it...I would not rub too hard with any of the stuff though...perhaps try some on the upper back of the boot just to get a feeling of what it will do to the finish.

17. keithp3521

keithp3521 Senior member

xx

18. keithp3521

keithp3521 Senior member

Regarding the uppers, I don't like split toes. That stitch looks like a puckered wound to me. In addition, I love natural chromexcel. I've got LWBs in natural chromexcel and they are just gorgeous, yet also sort of casual-looking. Really great match with faded jeans. But regarding the soles, I love the plantation crepe. They're like wearing tennis shoes. But they do have a thicker, more casual profile. So for comfort, I think you'd have to go with the chamois Norweigan toe. But for looks, you gotta go with the natural chromexcel. IMO

19. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

Love the way Alden does natty CXL. I happen to be wearing my Indys today, if you need any further enabling:

[​IMG]

BTW, the pants are not that short - the socks are new and the photo was for the person who gave them to me.

20. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

...that ole trick...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.