1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

The Alden Indys are my only shoes without a commando or dainite sole that I don't mine wearing in wet weather. Alden describes it as a neocork outsole. Whatever it is, I've often wondered why Alden only uses this on the Indy and doesn't offer it on more of their shoes. Is there a drawback to it? Why not use this instead of the flex waterlock soles?

2. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I have the 4060 in #8 and that isnt even a consideration when thinking about these, haha. 2 pretty different boots in my opinion.

I do have the reverse chamois wingtip coming and that is what is keeping me from these.

3. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

A little CXL x LS for church this morning. THese get lost in the back of the closet but every time I wear them I remember how comfortable the trubalance last is for me. They feel much better than Barrie.

[​IMG]

4. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

Traveling to FL today. Ravello LHS
    [​IMG]

5. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

For me it's the same boot except in chamois instead of shell. My 4060 have the speed hooks and the commando soles. Not to mention the grant last and captoe. I already have LWBs in chamois but that's not as big a consideration for me.

6. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

Wore the jcrew CXL Indys yesterday

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Patrick, those look great!!! They are an interesting color that I am not sure I have ever seen before. Happy Sunday.

-Mike

8. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Henry, the LHS is a great shoe for a Sunday! Looking good in your Ravello. :)

Very cool Indy boots viscous!!! Happy Sunday as well.

-Mike

9. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

I want those!

10. epc2

epc2 Senior member

The new 6 eyelet Leffot suede Chukka looks interesting now I'm trying to decide if I should wait for the Jgilbert on Plaza and Commando or get the Leffot NST on crepe now,decisions.

11. IGotId

IGotId Senior member

So I don't post pics that often but I thought I'd post pics of what may be my favorite pair of Aldens. I had a a pair of JCrew navy CXL LWBs resoled by BNelson (crepe soles were replaced by brown Dainite), I'm amazed by the amounts of compliments I've received on this pair!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  12. IGotId

IGotId Senior member

With my other favorite pair:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. limonade

limonade Well-Known Member

Curious about sole durability too. Finally settled on picking up my first set of Aldens, and going with the Indy. But so many variations! Curious to hear about peoples experiences with the Neocork sole or whether I should wait for the commando soul Ultimate Indy restock from Leathersole.

very pumped and all your pictures are giving me a lot of ideas for future purchases! haha...

14. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

I've used BNelson before to resole a pair of Church's Diplomats. I opted for the JRedenbach soles. BNelson did great work I can't wait to have some of my casual shoes wear out so I can have Dainite soles put on them.

1 person likes this.
  15. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Thank you.
    I bought the epaulet Indys pre-owned from another member.
    But, my cigar lwb from aoc have lightened considerably, while other cigars haven't budged.
    My guess is older cigar lightens more than more recent runs.

16. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Isn't the JGilbert makeup also plain toe? Pretty different chukkas at the end of the day and really like those Leffots.

On another note, I'm a bit puzzled by the tobacco chamois daytripper love. Is there that much pent up demand for a bad weather boot or am I missing something?

17. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

[​IMG]
    Those are a very nice and versatile pair.

18. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Love what you've done with the blue LWBs! The boots are pretty awesome also!

19. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Alden on Madison recently received a bunch of stock in the 403 on commando... another great option!

20. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I'm in the exact same boat. I'd love dainite to replace the double waterlock on the LS Ultimate Jumpers (pictured above a few posts). I just don't wear them enough to need a resole.

Thanks Mike. They are just brown CXL, color in my image is not entirely accurate.

From LS:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.