1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

RTP-I like both boots. Good color and great make-ups. I've got Ravello and Whiskey coming from Alden on Madison, hope they look as good as yours. I plan to get #8 too, but this year its been hard to keep up with the rare color option available and I have to pay for most of mine 100% upfront due to my foot size. I'm glad Alden does not charge an extra fee because my foot is so big!

See Ya,
    Steve

2. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Uncle-Beautiful patina on the Whiskey NST. Glad I have a pair of these...a really nice make up.

See Ya,
    Steve

3. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

Good meeting you too,TO Tie Guy. Always enjoyable putting a face to the names on here. A good group of passionate individuals last night.

ClassyCanuck , Thanks for the kind words man; I had to put on my 'big boy pants' to wear the ravello in the rain/sleet. Your #8 cap toe boots, in person, have solidified my decision that I NEED a pair.

Felt like the night flew. Much better show than this past spring; the Alden Rep was on point this year. I'm sure the flowing alcohol helped :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  4. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Nice score, Ben! Congrats. Not sure who's makeup that is. Is it on Trubalance?

5. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

King Barrie Tankers for me today.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  6. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

V49-No doubt Houston is muggy year round and I totally understand your point. Houston typically does cool down enough in Dec-Feb that you could wear most anything without a problem. So far...except for early Nov even Dallas has been above normal on temperatures. This week has been plenty cool, highs of 60's, lows in high 30's to low 40's so I've been able to wear anything.

I'm in the HVAC business and in my younger days I spent a whole summer working on systems in Houston. Try spending a whole day on a rooftop in the summer in Houston! I will say I still wore my work boots even then. When you want foot protection, the perspective on your feet being hot changes!

In regards to good food in your area. Try Pappasita's for Mexican, Pappadeaux for seafood, and Pappa's Steakhouse for great steaks. Pappa Brothers got started in Houston and one of their original places was The Strawberry Patch I'm not sure if they are still around? They also have Pappa's Seafood which is also good. While not at the same level as Salt Lick, Rudy's has above avg. BBQ for fast in/out options. Texas Monthly has an App called TM BBQ and it rates all the BBQ options worth trying, and where they are at. I highly recommend for finding that hole in the wall BBQ option!

See Ya,
    Steve

7. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

hoit1981-Awesome tankers. I want!

See Ya,
    Steve

8. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

Steve - I have to travel to Dallas pretty regularly and the weather there is so different from Houston weather. It's always much cooler in Dallas and their weather doesn't seem to be as consistent as Houston weather. It's amazing considering they're about 200-250 miles apart. I was actually there the last 2-3 days and drove back to Houston last night

I've tried Rudy's and it was ok but nothing I'd have to go back for. I'll have to check out that app.

9. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

i experienced the same the one time I tried to sell my Aldens. I assume they are not serious buyers as someone buying based on sole measurements is slim to none. Also a bunch of people trying to buy outside of the auction. Frustrating.

10. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

They look great! I wonder if the style/leather/sole selection of shoe would have been more suited for Barrie though.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  11. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

Thanks.
    I was actually trying to verify the last and that's when I couldn't figure out who these were made for. The seller listed them as Barrie and from the pics looking straight down, that appears to be correct.
    We'll find out when they get here and I try them on.

12. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Tanker Thursday with Chup socks lol

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I think so

14. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

I ask for measurements for any non-Alden shoe I consider. I also supply this information in any non-Alden shoes I list. It's certainly not full-proof, but for me it is the best indicator of fit when the seller is unaware of the last (or even what a last is). I've always found it surprising when some sellers seem to get annoyed by the question.

15. meso

meso Senior member

People seem to think sole size corresponds with internal size, which as you say, is totally untrue.
    The other thing is providing measurements acts as a kind of insurance for sellers against buyers who complain.
    I know that's kind of weird, given my first statement, but it's really more to do with ebay bizzarro world.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  16. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Tanker Thursday with Cheap socks.

[​IMG]

Great minds think alike...

1 person likes this.
  17. intensanity

intensanity Senior member

Had our holiday party last night (aka only chance to be formal ever). The Day Trippers were phenomenal.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

Nice tankers guys!

[​IMG]

Halleck Boots today.

2 people like this.
  19. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Damn! Looking good. Great pic.

20. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

whoa...weird wholecut balmoral in natty cxl up on need supply. never seen this from alden before!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.