• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If they had my size I would get that LWB. I also like the sand colored LWB is preordering but it's also not in my size

I would send Steven a note. I bet they can add an additional pair for you. They have done it for me a few times during the pre-order process

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like these cxl Indy's have a double leather sole. Is it possible to have Alden boots with commandos changed to double leather?

actually, those jcrew indys have kinda become bastard childs. they have a topy on the front, cats paw on the back, and a 'sloppily' applied dark brown edge dressing to "blend" it all together.

they literally have become my **** kickers, but as the picks show, still clean up well

FENWAY

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of the Chamois CT Boot at The Shoe Mart. Not very exciting, but very comfortable and love the look/feel of the leather.

Vicious49

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responses guys. Just placed the preorder for the LWB.

zr0e

Reaction score

Picked up a pair of the Chamois CT Boot at The Shoe Mart. Not very exciting, but very comfortable and love the look/feel of the leather.

Nice, but I think I prefer the black ones! Enjoy

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice boot. Those look pretty rugged.

FENWAY

Reaction score
^Thanks, gotta love the commando. TSM is selling them (First quality) at their seconds price of $299. Give 'em a call

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great stuff Fenway. Fantastic makeup all way 'round

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just ordered a pair of Union Hill Indy boot. This is my second pair from Need Supply and my eighth Alden Indy boot overall. Looking forward to receive it and use it in my work in Africa! I live in New York and Arizona but my work is in Africa. I will put this pair to great use.

VERY INTERESTING that my avatar/photo for my Styleforum (as you can see) is from the movie Mogambo - you can notice that Clark Gable used a pair of tan suede ankle boots extremely similar to the Union Hill Indy boot. I have been dreaming of such a similar pair of Indy boot from Alden, and Need Supply made it happened! Great!

Thank you! Explorer

I received mine today and they are fantastic. I expect that you will be very happy with them.

I will try and post some pics tomorrow.

Last edited:

docalden2013

Reaction score
What kind of boot do you have in mind? Where would we possibly go to get one made up?

Mdubs, zippyh has tipped me off regarding Trickers having a reliable MTO process. Over on the main thread and their separate MTO thread, there has been talk of teak cordovan, which sort of resembles ravello shell. Note that the shell is not Horween, but is from an Argentinian or Italian maker called Comipel (someone correct me if I'm a bit off on the country of origin). I haven't seen it first hand, but folks on the thread--a number of them regular posters on this thread--seem to be happy. I was thinking of the Stow boot, which looks mostly like an Alden wingtip blucher boot. We could go crazy with options such as dainite sole, various edge trims, pull tabs, eyelets etc. Wait time is somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 weeks once they source the shell. Roughly 12 weeks for calf and suede.

Another route would be to go MTO with Viberg. On the viberg thread there has been a recent discussion about whether to try to put together a Styleforum MTO in shell or cxl, among other options (e.g., waxed animal flesh something or other--again, someone who knows this more thoroughly can clarify...). We'd be looking at a plain toe or perf cap option. The 2030 last, the only one I know intimately, seems to fit most a la Barrie. There are structured and unstructured toe options. 7 or 10 eyelets. Dainite possible.

Ok. Now back to our waiting with bated breath on our cigar boots...
I just ordered a pair of Union Hill Indy boot. This is my second pair from Need Supply and my eighth Alden Indy boot overall. Looking forward to receive it and use it in my work in Africa! I live in New York and Arizona but my work is in Africa. I will put this pair to great use.

VERY INTERESTING that my avatar/photo for my Styleforum (as you can see) is from the movie Mogambo - you can notice that Clark Gable used a pair of tan suede ankle boots extremely similar to the Union Hill Indy boot. I have been dreaming of such a similar pair of Indy boot from Alden, and Need Supply made it happened! Great!

Thank you! Explorer
This is just salt in my very fresh wound after having learned that my size in this boot is gone and, according to david at Needsupply (one of the faster repliers to PMs, I might add), is unlikely to be restocked for a while. (He tells me, btw, that they were unhappy with some of the eyelets that came with the batch and sent them back for correction; there was no mention of dissatisfaction with the suede quality, so I'm looking forward to seeing in-the-wild pics soon from you lucky blokes who scored). If ever there was doubt about my crack-addict-ness regarding this boot, I even had the audacity to PM an esteemed member to find out if he was able to pull off a Barrie-to-Trubalance sizing down from 8.5 to 8 just so I could make an argument for pulling trigger. Alas--er fortunately, I was disabused of my temporary delusion.

All of this might just be my way of saying, winter please go the f*** away so I can wear my suede shoes and give my ultimate indys and tobacco chammys some rest.

docalden2013

Reaction score
I think each of these are awesome but I just can't justify spending $500+ on suede.
I would spend $520+ to make sure I got the Tarrago suede spray and a $4 suede/nubuck kiwi brush and then you'd be all set. Suede is an elegant looking material and very workable as long as you're not staining it with mud or raw denim. Even then, some would call that patina, no? Start with something versatile like a snuff suede lwb and see just how many casual pairings you can come up with.

Sorry for the preaching. I talked to Kathy for about 20 minutes yesterday and heard many of her arguments for shoes coming down the pike, among them suede. Btw, she also has a green suede makeup if I recall correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads