1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Distinguished Member

Here are the Jumpers:
    [​IMG]

That looks about how my shells look - pen or no pen.

2. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior Member

3. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Distinguished Member

NoOoOoO PeNNNNN
    [​IMG]

Come on dude, we all know that's the belly of a fat person who got into too much self tanner. [​IMG]

4. Dewey

Dewey Distinguished Member

looks more like nOOoOooOO sHoE trEEEz

5. enigma77

enigma77 Senior Member

engima you can't be a 10.5 in barrie and 8.5 in tremont, one of those things is very wrong
    10D in Barrie and Trubalance, not 10.5. I know, 8.5, bizarre, but they fit great. Maybe it's not the Tremont last. I can check the markings on the inside heel later. I did try a 9 when I was fitted for those wingtips bals at the Alden store, and they would have worked but there was a little heel slippage. I think I've stretched them a bit.

6. Vaitek

Vaitek Senior Member

[​IMG] Thought I'd share another shot of these outside.

7. phantomx48

phantomx48 Senior Member

Tom, I just received a pair of Tricker's MTO (you can see them in the Tricker's thread), and the whole process left me yearning for something similar with Alden. Does Alden accept single pair MTO? And if so, what is the process, options, etc. Haven't really read anything about that even being possible, but I thought you would be the one to ask.

8. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Distinguished Member

Tom, I just received a pair of Tricker's MTO (you can see them in the Tricker's thread), and the whole process left me yearning for something similar with Alden. Does Alden accept single pair MTO? And if so, what is the process, options, etc. Haven't really read anything about that even being possible, but I thought you would be the one to ask.

It's on a case by case basis, they don't approve every style, it can take anywhere from 4 months to over a year, and there is a makeup fee. Your best bet would be to work with the Alden Shop in San Francisco.

9. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Distinguished Member

OK yeah would appreciate hearing about that.

When I broke in my black shell full wings (ShoeMart's link is here but I bought them at the Alden Shop in NYC) I didn't use the pen trick. Their creases are angled, and are, perhpas, slightly misaligned... Could post pics later tonight.

Tom, or anyone -- thoughts? The boot I'm breaking in is this Ravello wingtip high boot from Epaulet. Needless to say they are stunning in person.

EDIT: Also, the Tremont last? WTF? I wear a 10D Trubalance and 10D Barrie. The guy sized me in a Tremont as 8.5D, and he was totally right; they're pretty comfortable. Has this been others' experience? Just curious. I've never seen that last anywhere but those wingtips.

Could you post some pics of the Epaulet's? I just ordered a pair and wondering what the color actually looks like

10. phantomx48

phantomx48 Senior Member

Sounds like they make it pretty difficult to do an Alden MTO. . . no wonder I haven't read much about it. Wonder if anyone on here has attempted this before?

11. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Distinguished Member

Mafoofan has, but he did order four or five of the same shoe. Alden plaza last #8 cordvan longwing. Amazing shoe, sad that not many carry it? Will leather soul have a make like this sometime?

I wonder why the sleeker plaza last isn't very desirable with a longwing/wingtip? I for one think it would be great to get this model...

12. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Distinguished Member

Mafoofan has, but he did order four or five of the same shoe. Alden plaza last #8 cordvan longwing. Amazing shoe, sad that not many carry it? Will leather soul have a make like this sometime?

I wonder why the sleeker plaza last isn't very desirable with a longwing/wingtip? I for one think it would be great to get this model...

I would order it if the Foo gave us his endorsement.

13. enigma77

enigma77 Senior Member

Could you post some pics of the Epaulet's? I just ordered a pair and wondering what the color actually looks like
    The profile pic on the site is fairly accurate.

14. enigma77

enigma77 Senior Member

P.S. I would post a pic of mine but my camera is not color-accurate so it wouldn't help you. Sorry.

15. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Distinguished Member

I would order it if the Foo gave us his endorsement.
    Well i'll seek out the endorsement of the Oneshoo. Really though - could you do this? I'd be in for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.