1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

I need a good source for Chups! :happy:

2. zr0e

zr0e Senior member

I can proxy some chup socks (Jcrew?) to canada if you want, PM me. (sorry for the intrusions)

3. MrDV

MrDV Senior member

Steve,
    I would return the whiskey ptbs. I agree, color variation is a nice feature for lhs, cap toes, and lwb, but I do not like it on plain toes.
    For the record, my whiskey ptbs also have a blemish, but not that noticeable, so I decided to keep them and I'm very happy with them. I don't think they'll be easy to replace, but the 2 whiskey shades is a deal breaker for me.

4. tradbrah

tradbrah Senior member

Mike,

If you don't mind, could you post side-by-side comparisons of the LWB and SWB in whiskey (or Ravello if you have it in SWB)? Can't decide which one I like more. I'd like to eventually get one of them in Ravello.

5. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

Sorry to hear that Kathy's not gonna do whiskey PRB anymore. Any idea when will be the ETA for the final run?

6. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

thanks to @mdubs post and @TO Guy lead I now have two pair of Japanese Chups coming my way.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  7. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

would like to pick up a pair as well....

is it on sale via cyber monday?

8. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

[​IMG]

I'm in Toronto this week for business and it is too cold tonight for any antics. I'm spending this evening in the hotel and using it as a great reason to finally break in my Halleck Boots.
    Keeping warm is of course important too...

Any TO guys around this week for a meetup and beverage?

1 person likes this.
  9. sazon

sazon Senior member

I would return as well.

10. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

20% at Haven shop.

paying forward

11. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, looking good in your whiskey wt

12. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

thanks, but dang, the shipping rates to the US kills it for me.

13. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, thank you! for both the mac care method and the mac break in method can be found on my blog

14. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Gentlemen-Thanks for the feedback. All I'm lacking to complete my collection of PTB is whiskey. I think the opinions are what I expected, and genuine from each of your perspectives, and that's what I wanted. I honestly don't want to be picky, I know I've overlooked splotchy on some whiskey/Ravello I own. I think mdubs explained it best, and I tend to agree. I will take another look tomorrow's and try them on to see how they look on my feet?

Thanks Again!.

See Ya,
    Steve

15. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

I wish I was up in Toronto. I could use some colder weather. I came so close to buying that bottle of Four Roses at Costco yesterday. Too bad Costco doesn't sell Alden's. I mean they sell a 40 yr old scotch for $599 and that's a smaller market than the shoe market right? [​IMG] Ohhh and I finally shined up the 9901s. You don't have to worry about matching shells with a black pair but that Whiskey PTB is so sweet looking color difference or not. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  16. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, your efforts were rewarded, looking good

17. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

How long are you in town? Where are you staying? A leatherfoot visit is definitely in store for you!

18. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

Really!? 40yr Glenlivet in Costco? That's wild. I see they label it with their Kirkland name too?
    I'd definitely recommend picking up a bottle of the Four Roses Small Batch next time, you'll be glad you did.
    Nice shine too.

19. BenLeaman

BenLeaman Senior member

I'm in town until Friday. I am staying up near Pearson so it's a little drive to get downtown but not too bad.
    Leatherfoot is definitely on the list! I was looking at their website, they have one hell of a lineup in there and it's only getting better with Aldens being added next year.
    Any other suggestions?

20. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

If you are looking for shoes Leatherfoot is the best by many light years. For men's wear there are a few shops in Yorkville (Nicolas, phillip, holt's, harry's) For streetwear head to queen west.

For a great view and a good drink - top of the park hyatt. It is 2 min walk from all of the shops in yorkville.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.