1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arrow

arrow Senior member

What is the exact purpose for the NST's toe/front stitching? Is there a utility purpose of just for form?

[​IMG]

very nice! enjoy wearing

They're actually mine and not cuteo101. I posted them back in April '10... and have enjoyed them very much.

2. cuteo101

cuteo101 Member

I was asking about the stitching of these shoes, and did not give the impression that they were mine. Yet, they are very beautiful!

They're actually mine and not cuteo101. I posted them back in April '10... and have enjoyed them very much.

3. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

[​IMG]

cigar lhs

Better check the reception on your camera. Fuzzy signal today [​IMG]

4. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Tom is the Nassau blucher yours exclusively? IMO it's way better looking than the traditional Alden PTB. Would be interested in seeing much more of this shoe (in a sleeker last, maybe?). It's fantastic.

5. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

If I wear an 8.5D on the trubalance in Chromexcel, would a size 8.5D that is also on the trubalance last in CORDOVAN fit a littler bigger? if so, by how much? I have a pair of roys that fit slightly slightly tight at 8.5D around the side of the foot and the top. would the same size and last in Cordovan ensure a perfect fit?

6. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

7. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Question for Tom: will Alden tell you when the special makeup shortwings will be available or is it a standard "six to eight months" and they just show up? Thanks

8. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

Question for Tom: will Alden tell you when the special makeup shortwings will be available or is it a standard "six to eight months" and they just show up? Thanks

in the comments on his blog Tom said 6-8 months

9. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

They tell me when they're ready. Recently Alden has been taking 2-3 months just to confirm orders, then 4-6 months to make. The larger the order, the longer it takes as well since they are normally made in batches.

10. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Yeah, i pre-ordered some NST plaza boots from Jgilbert in mid-december, and they quoted me 9 months [​IMG]

11. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

They tell me when they're ready. Recently Alden has been taking 2-3 months just to confirm orders, then 4-6 months to make. The larger the order, the longer it takes as well since they are normally made in batches.

Thanks Tom. I knew it was going to be quite a wait but was curious about the process.

12. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

Tom is the Nassau blucher yours exclusively? IMO it's way better looking than the traditional Alden PTB. Would be interested in seeing much more of this shoe (in a sleeker last, maybe?). It's fantastic.

Nothing is "exclusive" per say. I agree, on the Plaza last would be very nice. It's probably something I will order very soon.

13. phantomx48

phantomx48 Senior member

Received two pairs of Shoe Mart irregulars over the weekend, and I was very surprised to find that they did not have any markings that would show they were seconds. One boot was clearly damaged (and will be going back), so that one had an obvious flaw, but the other pair was a shell boot, in pristine condition with no flaw that I could see.

Neither pair had any stamps on the inside, or on the sole, as I have seen in the past. They even came in the regular green Alden box with the proper labels.

This is a little bit concerning to me since they could easily be passed off as first quality. . .especially on eBay, FS threads, etc.

Anyone come across this lately as well, or did I just get "lucky"?

14. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

Received two pairs of Shoe Mart irregulars over the weekend, and I was very surprised to find that they did not have any markings that would show they were seconds. One boot was clearly damaged (and will be going back), so that one had an obvious flaw, but the other pair was a shell boot, in pristine condition with no flaw that I could see.

Neither pair had any stamps on the inside, or on the sole, as I have seen in the past. They even came in the regular green Alden box with the proper labels.

This is a little bit concerning to me since they could easily be passed off as first quality. . .especially on eBay, FS threads, etc.

Anyone come across this lately as well, or did I just get "lucky"?

Sounds like you got lucky. Which shoes did you get?

15. phantomx48

phantomx48 Senior member

Sounds like you got lucky. Which shoes did you get?

405 Indy, which was very "irregular" (inch long cut in the leather uppers) so it's going back, and the second was a #8 Shell Captoe Boot with no visible flaws.

16. Man with Apple

Man with Apple Senior member

405 Indy, which was very "irregular" (inch long cut in the leather uppers) so it's going back, and the second was a #8 Shell Captoe Boot with no visible flaws.

How did you come across the irregulars?

As a few of us have himmed and hawed about, we haven't received the emails.

17. phantomx48

phantomx48 Senior member

I wasn't getting the e-mails either for a few months, so I just called them up and let them know to send me the latest one. Got it the same day.

18. phailing101

phailing101 Senior member

Yeah, i pre-ordered some NST plaza boots from Jgilbert in mid-december, and they quoted me 9 months [​IMG]
    Yup, I pre-ordered some LW cordovan plaza #8 with commando sole from jgilbert and they're telling me Sept delivery. That's fine, they'll be perfect for Fall.

19. Thor

Thor Senior member

Nothing is "exclusive" per say. I agree, on the Plaza last would be very nice. It's probably something I will order very soon.

Tom- your website says the Nassau has a "slightly different plain toe pattern"

Can you explain? I sorta thought a plain toe was pattern-less- and cannot really see a difference between your shoe and a standard PTB (as far as the plain toe goes)

Thanks!

20. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

Tom- your website says the Nassau has a "slightly different plain toe pattern"

Can you explain? I sorta thought a plain toe was pattern-less- and cannot really see a difference between your shoe and a standard PTB (as far as the plain toe goes)

Thanks!

a very nice pictorial was posted about a month back which shows the difference between a standard PTB and a Nassau PTB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.