1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Senior member

Thanks for the suggestion! Will definitely apply some tonight before wear tomorrow. I was under the same impression that AG is made for wet weather as well.

-D[/quote

I was under the impression that alpine grain, regina grain, and scotch grain are just embossed patterns on somewhat normal calf leather. They require the same preventative maintenance that any calf leather would warrant. Your oil impregated leathers such as chromexcel and chamois are the ones that help resist water a lot more.

I've been applying leather defender to all my calf and cordovan shoes and boots lately but wondered if any of you gentlemen find it useful on chromexcel and chamois as well?

2. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

RTP - you mention looking for King WTB w/ commando at NYC, do they normally stock that? I am in the market and thought AoC was the main retailer for that make-up. Are there others out there?

3. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Yes, Alden-Madison Av does stock that boot regularly. They had an order confirmed and should be in by February. TSM carries that boot in double leather soles, not commando. I do not know of others who regularly stock the color 8 wingtip boot on commando. Others can chime in though...

4. Don L

Don L Senior member

Adam at AOC also does one on Commando

5. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior member

I'm about ten days late to the modified last ravello pt boot party due to vacation

[​IMG]

i feel like they look less like clown shoes in my (larger 12D) size.

i think they'll develop an incredible patina... i already love how in certain lights, the shade is a bit mismatched and in some ways they look like a saddle boot.

6. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

So i haven't bought alden shoes for like 4 years... noticed that the price of them is alot higher now. Where is the best place to get a good deal / sale for aldens? I remember buying my Indy Boots for $345 and cordovan boots for like $505....

7. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

@Handcuffed

Huge congrats on one of the best. From SW&D to more business casual this is great last and shape is incredible. Check Instagram for Modified last and see some great fits.

We are lucky to own these.. Took Anatomica over 4 years to get this makeup.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  8. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Seriously insane. Someone hurry up an wear a pair, I want to see some rolls!

9. BFisher244

BFisher244 Active Member

My latest and greatest acquisition! It's the 1st time I've purchased pre-loved boots. They have been hardcore disinfected, wiped, and brushed. I have some venetian shoe cream coming in a few days. That should help bring these beauties back to life.

Ravello Wingtip Boots. Waterlock sole with vibram on the bottom. It's not the large lug style vibram but rather a thin layer.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

Tyring ; ) Day 2:
    [​IMG]
    Looking forward to developing a la @mcarthur and those beautiful cigar cap toes..

11. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

re: the Defender I picked some up but before I apply to these Ravello boots (and others) is there any reason NOT to use them for every pair?

12. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Looking great so far!

13. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Besides hopping back in a time machine, your best bet will be picking up some shoes from Haberdash on Black Friday. They're having 25% off one item. I assume it includes Aldens.

Another option is visiting The Shoe Mart and picking out some lovely 2nds.

The third option is to keep up to date with this thread of Alden Enablers. :)

EDIT: Haberdash sale EXCLUDES ALDEN :(

14. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Senior member

Just not suede or nubuck per the instructions on the bottle.

15. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

16. tradbrah

tradbrah Senior member

Does the Shoe Mart seconds list usually include C widths or is it normally just D and E widths?

Mike, give me the answer I want to hear!

17. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Sir, there is a Seconds list for virtually any size that Alden makes including A, B, C, EEE, ... Just sign up for those lists. With that said, the offerings in those narrow sizes tend to be pretty limited. Like maybe 2 or 3 pairs. Not like the big D size offerings by a long shot.

-Mike

18. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Wearing them? That's just crazy talk...

19. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, thank you! keep up the good work! it is worth the effort

20. tradbrah

tradbrah Senior member

Thank you Mike. I expected that if they were available on the list, the styles/quantities would be much more limited compared to more common sizes/widths.

Just trying to gauge how realistic picking up rare shades of shell would be, but one cannot predict that.

How often does the Shoe Mart run a second's sale?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.