• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Natural CXL Indy. Going strong after two years.

coinopcollector

Reaction score
I feel your angst. I did the same on the 10D. Oops, meant to do a quote. Referring to the pass on the ravello captoes from DC.

Last edited:

AldenKappa

Reaction score
Are the CXLs as comfortable as I have heard? I am looking at pulling the trigger on Alden Plain-Toe Chromexcel Blucher in dark brown calfskin. Barrie Last. Flex Welt. Any feedback on the CXL or this shoe is appreciated.

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
Are the CXLs as comfortable as I have heard? I am looking at pulling the trigger on Alden Plain-Toe Chromexcel Blucher in dark brown calfskin. Barrie Last. Flex Welt. Any feedback on the CXL or this shoe is appreciated.
CXL is made from cowhide and horsehide, but not calf. Your shoe is likely cowhide.

I don't have any experience with Alden's CXL bluchers, but my Alden CXL boots are very comfortable as are my Barrie lasted boots.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My CXL boots were extremely comfortable from day one. Great leather and very easy to maintain.

ClassyCanuck

Reaction score

Are you talking about these?

null_zps98539c75.jpg

Extremely comfortable. Very versatile, go with denim, khakis and shorts.
Great shoes.

Resistant

Reaction score
Anyone, wanting wide shoes, will have the easiest time of it by getting the Alden catalogue. Sizes up to EEEE, many lasts and classic shoes. I think you need to order with an Alden dealer (listed by state on the website).

Getting wide sizes via boutique has options including, but not limited to, Leffot, Context, SHoemart, Citishoes, Alden DC NYC Cisco, & Molded shoe. Even they stick to E at this time.

Alden stock offerings do not include shell boots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics