1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

agreed!

LOVE it there. would be on my short list for retirement location.

AND, I cant think of a place where one could try on some EGs while having a rottweiler leashed up a couple feet away, getting fed treats from the SA [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  2. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

3. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Ha! Congrats Moosic.

4. smmrfld

smmrfld Well-Known Member

My experience with LS re phone inquiries has been abysmal. And the one purchase I made from them was treated with such indifference that I really don't want to ever do business with them again. I regularly call around or email the usual dozen or so Alden retailers that are consistently mentioned in this thread, and invariably I am treated with respect and appreciation, even if I have never purchased from them before...with the exception of LS. Perhaps those on their insiders list have a different experience, but I have to think that this contempt for past and future customers will ultimately fail them...especially when there are any number of other retailers in the marketplace that are doing interesting Alden makeups. Maybe they should just focus on New Balance...perhaps that customer is more willing to put up with their nastiness.

2 people like this.
  5. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

Thanks mdubs, I have a cigar shell blucher, but not a bal, thought it would be an interesting addition.

6. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

Can't say that I've had the se experience with LS as you, have always been great to deal with. Now you wanna talk bad customer service, try Leffot...

7. Edmund K

Edmund K Senior member

Service at Leather Soul Store and online are top notch. Will and Justin are great guys! The brands and make-up they carry are really fantastic!

8. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Leffot put me on hold and never came back.

9. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

odd, I've had nothing but great service from both Leffot and Leathersoul (even with only buying 2 and 4 pair, respectively, from them)

cant really recall bad service from any retailer I've interacted with concerning alden. I guess I've just been lucky

10. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

I feel your pain, I swear they are just hit or miss.
    The special makeups they still do are very much still heavily guarded for customers who spend a lot through them. I don't necessarily agree with it...
    I would love to own the cigar jumpers, I know even if they are run again i doubt I will be cool enough.

11. DNSamurai

DNSamurai Senior member

I'm new to the Alden brand. It's disappointing because I thought I was going to be able to go to an Alden store when I'm in Carmel this week. It's misleading because the name of the store is Alden of Carmel.

12. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

Congratz! I consider them as one of the staple Alden bals.

13. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

Your location states that you are in Washington. You have an Alden shop in Washington. Go in and talk to Kathy she will take very good care of you and can tell you about future orders.

14. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

There is a Carmel, New York, a Carmel, Maine, a Carmel, Indiana and I am sure there are other places with towns/cities named Carmel. You decided that this was Carmel, CA. I can understand that you are disappointed, however, nobody has mislead you but yourself.

15. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

LOL.... The first time I called them to order a pair of shoes (EG none the less), they told me they were too busy to take my order and to call back at a more convenient time! I prefer to order from them online, and not have to deal with their sales personnel.

16. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Also there is an awesome Alden shop on Sutter Street in San Francisco! Those guys are great there. Stop by if you're in the area.

I wonder if the Alden retailers are sometimes jerks in person because people wander in and think the shoes are going to be Aldo prices and then give them attitude.

I know whenever I go in a store like that I try to let them know I'm not a jobber by what I specifically ask for.

I don't know... I've received great derive from LS, Alden SF, The Shoe Mart, Unionmade, and even Leffot. I suppose it's my Midwestern disposition.

17. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

this, or possibly someone coming in to try on (possibly multiple) sizes, to then turn around and just buy from the internet/other dealers etc.

18. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

Aside from all the rare colors of shell, does anyone still wear 975 #8 LWB anymore? Grail but hardly ever discussed here anymore. Love to see some patina #8 LWB's. Have a good Thanksgiving All!

1 person likes this.
  19. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

That's pretty much every brick and mortar retailer's problem these days.

20. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

ame back.[/quote]

I've had similar experiences, but also much better ones. They sell great shoes, but are hit or miss on customer relations unless you're one of their heavy hitting customers who goes to trunk shows, makes purchases often, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.