1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smmrfld

smmrfld Well-Known Member

<<<alden madison has some green suede makeups iirc>>>

Thanks...looks like they only have one makeup right now, and it's on the Leydon last.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  2. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

A lot of shops got them all at the same time. Alden DC and SF also has some Hunter Green Suede models as well.

3. walds11

walds11 Senior member

I am just thinking if 2 pairs of suede Indy's would be over kill. I have a pair of snuff suede Indy's with from Alden SF. They have the double waterlock leather sole with a 360 degree welt. The tan suede makeups from Need Supply have a commando sole, 270 degree welt and no speed hooks. Those are the main differences. I really like the commando sole. Hmm, decisions, decisions...

4. mdubs

Uncle, those are as beautiful as always! Two Sunday's in a row! Those are some lucky LHSes! :)

I have always liked the antique edge on these. Maybe Leffot could start doing an Alden x Leffot LHS?

-Mike

5. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

Leffot has a shortwing in Hunter Green

[​IMG]

6. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

Sometimes tough to admit you have too many of one color/leather from Alden. I'm guilty of the snuff + color 8 addiction. Luckily I've never found that Saddle offering with them combined in my size.

7. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, thank you! my go to starbucks on sunday morning

8. mdubs

Ha! Gotcha. Makes sense. :)

9. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, a new tradition-lhs for sunday morning

10. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Well, I'm a weirdo with 6 different kinds of LHS, so I know where you're coming from. I do feel suede seems to be more limiting for me personally.

If you are buying a lot of suede I HIGHLY recommend the Tarrago Nano Protector available from several forum sponsors.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. walds11

walds11 Senior member

Very tough man! The Alden SF snuff suede and Need Supply Union Hill tan suede Indy boots are very different boots. I have been on a suede and boot kick lately. The force is strong with this one...LOL!
    True, suede can be limiting. I really want Indy's with a commando sole, so maybe I'll hold out for the LS Ultimate Indy or Epaluet Innsbruck Indy. Or I could convert my Alden SF snuff suede soles into proprietary OEM commando soles for $95 at the local cobbler. It's probably not worth "wrecking" a nice double waterlock leather sole.

12. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Epaulet is expecting another deliver of the Innsbruck Indy relatively soon I would guess. I am not certain if all sizes are accounted for. Might be worth giving them a shout.

13. DNSamurai

DNSamurai Senior member

Just pulled the trigger on my first pair of Aldens. I grabbed the Indy 403s for $384 from Haberdash. Good deal?

I'm hoping they fit. I'm a 9EE in Allen Edmonds. Grabbed the Indys in a 10.5 D.

I happen to being to Carmel for Thanksgiving, so might try to stop in the store there.

14. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

I dont think there is a storefront there.

15. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

I probably wouldn't have bought anything larger than a 9.5...YMMV

16. walds11

walds11 Senior member

I heard that too. I don't really dig the brass eyelets and speedhooks. I think Leather Soul is doing another run of the Ultimate Indy, but I heard they can be difficult to deal with.

17. MoosicPa

MoosicPa Senior member

I've been a customer of LS for 6+ years, and Tom and Will are great to deal with. Send them an email or call them (they're in Hawaii so there is a time difference), but I've never had a problem with them from my first order to my last order 2 weeks ago.

18. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

I too have ordered from LS for years and they've always been awesome - shoot I was the guy buying the big sizes (discounted) they couldn't get rid of and they still treated me well.

PSA: Epaulet has the following in 9D & 9.5D

ALDEN FOR EPAULET PERKINS CAPTOE BALMORAL NAVY SUEDE by ALDEN

Upper: Navy Suede
    Outsole: Flex Welt sole
    Last: Hampton

[​IMG]

19. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Alden of Carmel isn't in Carmel and doesn't have a storefront. They do business out of a small town near Seattle.

20. stevent

stevent Senior member

If you were to choose one between cigar or ravello for lwb which one would you take? AoC Ravello and old cigar with slight hint of green

For reference:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.