1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lewisod

lewisod Well-Known Member

this is poor customer service. I had a pair of Allen Edmonds shell cordovan Leeds that got ruined in the restore process. It took rather long to restore . One day they cAlled me and told me they were ruined
    I never saw them again. They offered me a new pair paid for by the poor recrafting process.
    You would think alden would want to keep a loyal customer. As if they couldn't afford this.

2. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

I received my TSM seconds chamois tanker boots on commando today. Here are some pics right out of the box. There seems to be some glue on the vamp of the right boot (pic #2). I've been able to get out most of it out via rubbing Neet's Foot oil on it. The third pic shows a small cut in the leather right above where the welt is joined? The issues are nothing major in my mind since they'll be my bad weather boots. Pleased with my TSM seconds pick up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. RobinM

RobinM Senior member

If I were you, I would accept the restoration refund, and sell the shoes. Freshly restored Cigar Alden should comand a decent price. Take the money and get a new pair. Alden or something else, your choice.

4. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

Edited and deleted

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  5. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

@seeyasteve I would try LS first clearly an error was made. Those shoes should not have alden or LS.

6. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

I am torn. I have been waiting on a pair of the Leffot daytrippers for longer than anyone can imagine, but I have always wished they had the commando like the DC pair. Ironically the DC pair will soon ship, and my preorder paid in full two rounds of daytripper deliveries ago is still in the Alden ether.

7. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

They did not look like this when I got them. you could see none of the stitching like it shows now. Only after about wearing 12 times and really breaking in did this show up.

Thanks for the feedback!

See Ya,
    Steve

8. thams

thams Senior member

I hear ya. I've only been waiting since the last Day Tripper pre-order and it's been 2.5 years. Still, I know others have waited longer for their pre-orders so I feel fortunate (maybe?).

I go back and forth. Commando soles would make the boot more wearable (for me), but the leather sole makes the boot look a little sleeker. I'm curious to see how the DC version will look with a commando sole.

9. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

Anyone pickup their Ravello boots from DC and care to share some snaps?

10. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

I played golf two weeks ago in a wind that was barely above freezing. Sadly now, or thankfully for anybody whose seen me play, the Minnesota golf season is over. Who knows, maybe the desert for New Years.

11. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

12. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

Ok quote got mixed in with picture. Mine will be here tomorrow and I will update with all three

13. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Huge congrats to all who are getting Ravello DC ct boots! I'm #4 on the list. I guess my Ravello pt boots from Anatomica will do for now.

I think DC Cigar ct boots are almost finished production and I can't wait for those as well.

14. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

If you wear Alden, you deserve better than Jack Daniels.

2 people like this.
  15. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Your kidding right? Jack Daniels is amazing. A part of Americana.

16. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

DV, I dare you to wear these every other day for two months, without treatment, and see how they patina. Just sayin' (...not even every day...).

17. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

deleted

18. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

I prefer Woodford Reserve or Elijah Craig myself, but I wont turn down a glass of JD neat

19. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

I like Gentlemans better or other single barrel type variant for sipping more than black label. There's a reason why Jack Daniels is the best selling whiskey in the world thou, people like what they like. I certainly would not turn down black label or bash the brand.
    Enjoy Elijah as well. Never tried Woodford, I'll add it to the list of things I want to try.

20. inn8chiro

inn8chiro Senior member

I love all whiskey, JD is just an old friend. Usually partake in the bullit rye whiskey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.