1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

I'm about 10 miles from the store. I feel like I have a good relationship with Ed and Joe. I'll have to ask if they can give me the heads next time an order comes in so I can drive down. I was lucky enough to be in the store the day they got in a huge shipment of exotic seconds. I'm still kicking myself for only jumping on 2 pairs.

2. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

Got the same but 11.5d.... Hope you like them.. Wondering if I will.

3. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Quote:Thanks Halcyon for the info, that may work out well then as I am between a 8.5 - 9 in Barrie and want to wear boot socks. I'll report back when they get here. Did you end up buying a pair as well?

4. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

When I called they said true to size...

5. halcyon725

halcyon725 Well-Known Member

Haha - I would probably believe them over anecdotal evidence on the internet. Let us know how it works out DuckOB.

I was lucky enough to snag that Cigar PTB with Commando sole in 7.5E, if it doesn't get canceled. I post pictures and let people know if it doesn't work out.

6. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Senior member

7. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Senior member

that japanese-market-specific last has a pretty high instep, ime, so with TTS it might feel roomy if you have an average to low instep.

8. Profligate47

Profligate47 Senior member

[​IMG]

King

1 person likes this.
  9. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

intentional camouflage?

10. breck81

breck81 Senior member

Its like Chevy Chase in The Invisible Man.

11. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

So late last night I see a restock in my size at jcrew and I purchase another pair hoping for no issue. They kindly overnight them to me... As luck would have it same issue as th first pair. Original shoes came with light lace and these with dark and again the same slanted eyelets. I think it's destiny and not my foot!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  12. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Halcyon

nice pickup on the cigar. the cigars were gone in my size by the time I called. I like the commando, i cant wear the leather soles so my options are limited

thanks for the extra conformation Fitchottie, Sleepyinsanfran and halfhalfhalf

I have a high arch so the 379 may actually work out for me. Time to put a boot up for sale as 1 comes in one must go.

13. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

I would say contact customer service and explain the issue. Maybe they will offer them at a slight discount, unless it bugs you too much obviously.

14. ClassyCanuck

ClassyCanuck Senior member

Today called for a big selvedge denim cuffs and #8 LWB's.

Question, as the day goes on my right shoe seems to feel roomier than the left, to the point that when I walk I hear a "whoosh" from the air escaping out of the shoe. When I ordered these I had tried on a 10D and they were too short, these are a 10.5 D and fit great other than the minor issue. Would an insole help or should I just leave it be?

[​IMG]

15. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

16. fitchottie

fitchottie Senior member

What would be a good discount to ask for 50-60% off?

17. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Quote:uhhhhh ohhhhh :) boot socks and insoles to the rescue thanks for chiming in Bootspell. looking forward to receiving them to see how they fit my weird foot

18. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

That part would be personal I suppose. I think anything over 25% off and I would be ok with the offset laces. Maybe just be open ended when asking and see what they offer, let them know your frustration with this now being the second pair you have received with the issue. keep in mind most retailers would not offer anything but J Crew seems to be one of the few exceptions from what I hear, so anything is better than nothing. Unfortunately for me J Crew and The Shoe Mart do not ship to Canada, I do like some of the J Crew makeups.

19. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

20. LittleViti

LittleViti Senior member

Same here--a real bummer too. The 11D color 8 PCT Barrie boot was gone before I got through at 3pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.