1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah weather is aweful today

you rock aldens while biking? baller lol

2. 1969

1969 Senior member

Cordo #8 Smooths, right out of the box. Not sure how I managed to live without these for so long
    Yup. I picked up a pair on the cheap and they instantly become the most versatile shoe in my collection. Wish it didn't take me 4 years on here to realize that these and grey flannel trousers are my 'uniform'.

3. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

4. sazon

sazon Senior member

[​IMG]
    Whiskey PTB's

Sharp shoes Porter.

The more I see real life examples of plain toe Aldens, the more I love them. I kinda punked out last year and bought Florsheim Imperial plain toes in Burgundy, but after seeing these pix I can't get the Alden #8 plain toes out of my head.

5. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

Sharp shoes Porter.

The more I see real life examples of plain toe Aldens, the more I love them. I kinda punked out last year and bought Florsheim Imperial plain toes in Burgundy, but after seeing these pix I can't get the Alden #8 plain toes out of my head.

did you buy vintage Florsheim shell PTB's, or recent calfskin Florsheims in burgundy? big difference.

I've found that trying to find vintage shell PTB's is actually much harder than trying to find vintage longwings.

6. sazon

sazon Senior member

did you buy vintage Florsheim shell PTB's, or recent calfskin Florsheims in burgundy? big difference.

I've found that trying to find vintage shell PTB's is actually much harder than trying to find vintage longwings.

shell - I wish !

I bought new calfskin. Not happy at all. The finish looks like shite after just 1 year and not too much wear.

7. triumphman

triumphman Senior member

how do the florsheim shoes fit? TTS?

8. sazon

sazon Senior member

how do the florsheim shoes fit? TTS?

Yes from my experience

9. interlockingny

interlockingny Senior member

[​IMG]
    Whiskey PTB's

Very nice shoes. If you would have told me those were Ravello PTBs I would have believed you [​IMG]

10. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Very nice shoes. If you would have told me those were Ravello PTBs I would have believed you [​IMG]

I agree. They look nothing like my Whiskey pair.

11. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Sharp shoes Porter.

Have been wanting a #8 plain toe boot forever. Plaza last, anyone?

Light-ish carpet, probably the auto white balance on the camera. Also those look new-ish, and newer ravello and whiskey have been slightly darker than in the past, I think. A welcome change from Horween. Their previous whiskey was a little too butterscotch for me. Heresy, I know.

12. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Cordo #8 Smooths, right out of the box. Not sure how I managed to live without these for so long

[​IMG]

ID on the socks?

13. LesterSnodgrass

LesterSnodgrass Senior member

Have been wanting a #8 plain toe boot forever. Plaza last, anyone?

I just put down a deposit at J. Gilbert on a pair of #8 high boots on the plaza last w/ commando sole. Yenni said they'll be around in the fall. Can't wait.

14. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

15. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Was home for lunch and shot this. Whiskey LW, Whiskey PTB, and Ravello LW boot. The Whiskey LW's haven't been worn yet.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

16. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

I just put down a deposit at J. Gilbert on a pair of #8 high boots on the plaza last w/ commando sole. Yenni said they'll be around in the fall. Can't wait.

Sorry, meant Grant last.

they Paul Smith "nordic print" socks. Burgundy with an ocean blue and yellow pattern.

http://houseoffraser.scene7.com/is/i...op_usm=1,1,0,0

Thanks!

17. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

These whisky shots are making me committ to buying the Alden whisky longwings this weekend from Epaulet.

I'm working towards building a versatile shoe collection that will last for years... Here is what I am trying to achieve (shoes already owned in bold)

Work
    Alden #8 Lonwings
    Ralph Lauren Darlton Cordovan Wingtip (hopefully on sale)
    Alden Whisky Longwings
    Church's Black Consul (need to stop wearing these so much)
    Alden Black Cordovan Leisure Handsewn Moccasin
    Alden #8 Smooth

Play
    Red Wing 8146
    Alden J. Crew or Leather Soul Indy
    Wolverine 1000 Mile Black
    Church's Sahara Suede Brown
    LL Bean Waxed Canvas Maine Hunting Shoe in Navy
    Quoddy Maliseet Oxford in Peanut
    Quoddy Blutcher in Black w Gum Sole
    Alden Suede Plain Toe Blutcher in Navy or Tan
    Quoddy or Sperry Chukkas

If anyone has any of these shoes in 10/10.5 they want to get rid of, lemme know

18. makewayhomer

is "smooth" a term that has been invented in the past 3 days? I never heard it before to describe a PTB

19. makewayhomer

also Alcibiades I would certainly buy anything cigar or ravello (like longwings) before whiskey.

20. framus

framus Active Member

Well I got the call to pickup my (Barrie) Ravello WT boots from AldenDC today, they had received them back from relasting to width E. Still tight a bit in the area where I have a bump in the bunion area, but Kathy suggested to immerse the boots in the bathtub getting them soaked with water and wearing them to stretch. They are so nice there and I am fortunate to have them just down the street. They are expecting Indy Color 8 some time in the future (Trubalance) I told her to put me on the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.