Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afterglow

afterglow Well-Known Member

I'm looking to get fitted for my first pair of Alden's at Tassels (in Hong Kong) when I visit there (no Aldens where I live). Probably an Indy boot then the LHM. Does anyone know what Indy boots Tassels stocks?? I'd hate to be fitted and not be able to buy the boot that I like.....

2. colins

colins Senior member

I really like Michaelw's posts, more so when they have pics of his shoes and socks

to clarify, I fucking love his shoes and in no way was saying he should post less

3. chestercopperpot

chestercopperpot Senior member

to clarify, I fucking love his shoes and in no way was saying he should post less

i wholeheartedly agree... they're only kind of the best part on this thread.

If it wasn't for his posts it would pretty much be a thread of people asking how the indy boot fits [​IMG]

4. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

If it wasn't for his posts it would pretty much be a thread of people asking how the indy boot fits [​IMG]

And people complaining about Alden QC...[​IMG]

5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

I'm looking to get fitted for my first pair of Alden's at Tassels (in Hong Kong) when I visit there (no Aldens where I live). Probably an Indy boot then the LHM. Does anyone know what Indy boots Tassels stocks?? I'd hate to be fitted and not be able to buy the boot that I like.....

check their website or email them. they do respond

6. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    ravello chukkas

7. phantomx48

phantomx48 Senior member

Anyone know how to stop a pair of black Indy's from squeaking?? It seems to be coming from the uppers (maybe the tongue). I have tried lacing them tighter/looser. Out of four pairs of Indy's these are the only ones that do it, and it is really loud. Like if they were made out of plastic. What can I put on them to make them stop?

8. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

Anyone know how to stop a pair of black Indy's from squeaking?? It seems to be coming from the uppers (maybe the tongue). I have tried lacing them tighter/looser. Out of four pairs of Indy's these are the only ones that do it, and it is really loud. Like if they were made out of plastic. What can I put on them to make them stop?

Nothing.
    It happens to mine too. I've had them for probably a year and a half and they still squeak a little. I've tried Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP, Saphir Renovateur, Alden boot cream, I even used a little acetone to get some of the black dye off the tongue and the back of the lace-stay in hopes that it would stop the squeaking. I didn't.

HOWEVER, all that being said, they are still one of my favorite boots. In fact, I'm going to wear them today.

9. phantomx48

phantomx48 Senior member

Yeah, if they weren't so darn stylish, comfortable, etc. . .I would keep them in the closet, but I love wearing them. It is just impossible to sneak in/out of anywhere in them! [​IMG]

10. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Senior member

Have you considered wearing them in a vacuum? [​IMG]

11. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Condition the leather ... and break them in?

12. number9dream

number9dream Senior member

I'm buying a pair of Norwegian Split Toes on the Aberdeen last -- not sure if I should get them in Ravello or #8. Any suggestions? Here's the Ravello. Here's the #8.

13. rick

rick Senior member

I'm buying a pair of Norwegian Split Toes on the Aberdeen last -- not sure if I should get them in Ravello or #8. Any suggestions?

Here's the Ravello. Here's the #8.

ravello because it's harder to get. #8 not so much.

14. rick

rick Senior member

Condition the leather ... and break them in?

jason said he has had his for more then a year so i don't think thats the problem.

15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

[​IMG]

Alden x Winn Perry vegano tan calf captoes. Love them.

Anyone interested in these boots? Winn Perry is taking pre-orders for Spring 2011 delivery.

http://winnperry.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.