• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Morning gents, just got back from a three week trip to Asia. Had to travel very light and allowed myself only one pair of shoes. I opted for these Alden Tobacco Chamois, and they held up beautifully! Worn almost everyday, all day! (Please excuse the ratty denim):

I myself am planning a two week trip soon and was thinking what shoes I would take. I would probably take three - a loafer, boot and a shoe. Probably Leffot tankers, some kind of LHS and my suede longwings. Something like a CXL tanker or even an Indy boo would also be a good travel shoe.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta love Alden today. I bring back my 975s for exchange and the retailer has no more. He calls Alden to see if they have any in stock and they say "Our computers are down...call back later"

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Gotta love Alden today. I bring back my 975s for exchange and the retailer has no more. He calls Alden to see if they have any in stock and they say "Our computers are down...call back later"

It's Alden...not surprised, LOL. They probably have the same computers "since 1884" as well... :rotflmao:

Sorry, sazon. Hopefully it will get straightened out soon.

Last edited:

turdburglar

Reaction score
my month old 403s.. the upper is separating from the sole. super. i've shot an email over to the vendor i purchased from hoping they can steer me in the right direction...

i've searched a few ppl have had this problem but i couldnt find the resolution. anyone care to chime in? i believe it may be as 'simple' as sending it to alden?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Darker = chromexcel
Lighter = calf

Yes, please. I like the burgundy makeup. But I'll take both!

No burgundy shell at Alden sf, they do have them in black shell. Check shoe mart if you want the color 8 shell wingtip.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^ Thanks. Just bought my last pair of boots for at least a couple months. I do want a shell wingtip and will probably be my next boot. I passed on the wingtip on Commando from NYC a bit ago and ShoeMart doesn't have my size at the moment. I actually still haven't decided if I want commando or leather soles.

GooseG

Reaction score

my month old 403s.. the upper is separating from the sole. super. i've shot an email over to the vendor i purchased from hoping they can steer me in the right direction... i've searched a few ppl have had this problem but i couldnt find the resolution. anyone care to chime in? i believe it may be as 'simple' as sending it to alden?
Not an expert, but that looks like the WELT is coming off. That pair is done. You need a replacement.

tampatravel

Reaction score
^^ Thanks. Just bought my last pair of boots for at least a couple months. I do want a shell wingtip and will probably be my next boot. I passed on the wingtip on Commando from NYC a bit ago and ShoeMart doesn't have my size at the moment. I actually still haven't decided if I want commando or leather soles.

I just got off the phone with Alden...apparently due to popular demand...they're selling an adhesive NST stitch you can stick on all your plain toe shoes. It's going to be available in calf and shell. This will be HUGE for tifosi. Now he can make any shoe an NST!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I just got off the phone with Alden...apparently due to popular demand...they're selling an adhesive NST stitch you can stick on all your plain toe shoes. It's going to be available in calf and shell. This will be HUGE for tifosi. Now he can make any shoe an NST!

LMAO Tampa. I just said I wanted to buy wingtip boots...not NST!!!

turdburglar

Reaction score
Not an expert, but that looks like the WELT is coming off.

That pair is done. You need a replacement.

Ah great.. I live in Canada and got 'em while travelling in NY.. this will be a fun process.

baldy[1].gif

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
^^^ Hmmmm...a wingtip NST....

thams

Reaction score
Contacted Frans Boone just on the off chance they're restocking the cigar PT boots sometime in the relative near future. Basically no, and their #8 and black offerings will be around in September. They told me that even the #8 and black models will be rare in the new future. Not sure if this is back they're OCONUS, but it's sad to hear.

The search for cigar continues!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The #8 NST? Or did you score something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads