• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicspot

Reaction score
how do you apply renomat? i have a pair of color 8s I got on ebay. Im in the middle of striping the old wax off them and was originally going to rub with renomat until the cloth came off clean.

im only on the heel and have gone over it 5-8 times already and still getting a totally red/brown cloth with no end in sight.

should i just keep going until it comes off clean?

thanks!

Resistant

Reaction score

Pic of the year for me DonL. I just thought 'yes I should do that.
will call Kathy to add me on the list

Mdubs really delivered on some pics of the best shoes /boots available and I want to get them all.

In memoriam a pair of Johnson & Murphy and Doc Martins R.I.P.

Strangest argument on the thread was about China, but you all de-escalated the situation with good humor...so good times TY

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These LE Alden Shell longwings arrived today.... haven't even had a chance to wear them yet! LOL

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Pic of the year for me DonL. I just thought 'yes I should do that.
will call Kathy to add me on the list

Mdubs really delivered on some pics of the best shoes /boots available and I want to get them all.

In memoriam a pair of Johnson & Murphy and Doc Martins R.I.P.

Strangest argument on the thread was about China, but you all de-escalated the situation with good humor...so good times TY

Resistant, those really are beautiful boots. I will forewarn you that the list for the Cigar Captoes on the Grant last is huge and DC is vey apprehensive about adding more to the list at this point... But, I would like to wish you the best of luck, as they are awesome boots!

Thanks for the shout out on my pics, I had a great Alden year last year! Hoping to have a great 2014 year with Alden as I slow down the burn with my acquisitions...

-Mike

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my favorite make up. I am so jealous!
thank you, they are very versatile. these came from alden of carmel. get some.

agreed. would pay a premium for a pair like this..

my olive'ish chukkas peeking out

thank you sir. that's an awesome picture by the way. I like everything there.
Those look perfect DV. Like they've never been worn!

one of Alden's best for sure.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
thanks blue. they are not new, they get lots of wear. when in doubt, wear cigar lwb.

That is true, didn't even notice that about them, they really do look like they are on their maiden voyage!

-Mike
thank you mike.
truth be told, these were crafted from recycled shells. they came from an old pair of uncle mac's boots. his shell never creases, so these will never age.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear them with
1) Suits when worn outside of work... I've had a few social events where I've worn charcoal suits with the boots and they looked great. I wouldn't wear them to my most important business meeting
2) Charcoal wool trousers with business casual
3) Black APC New standards
4) Any raw denim when wearing a black sweater or jacket
5) Stone chinos (for some reason they look better with stone than british khaki)

So quite a lot.
I wore my three piece gray flannel suit with my J Crew pct boots and they were perfect for the winter weather up here in Minnesnowta.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

These LE Alden Shell longwings arrived today.... haven't even had a chance to wear them yet! LOL

nephew,
wear your gunboats in only good health. remember to use the break in method

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

truth be told, these were crafted from recycled shells. they came from an old pair of uncle mac's boots. his shell never creases, so these will never age.

absolutely gospel! make sure you take good care of them

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads