1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

Cigar Indys tonight. My first pair of Alden.
    And palette cleanser from those freakiest ever pair.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

November is what Kathy told me the last time I swung by the store. No insider information. I actually got and paid for the Leffot Daytrippers the day before Kathy decided to do these, so I am on the Leffot run. Since I got a narrow width, I paid in full. So I am sticking with the Leffot and allowed someone else to get a pair from DC.

Something tells me that I am going to forgo these. :) Hopefully someone will appreciate this style and will pick them up. They look they are on the Plaza Last, which is a big +1.

-Mike

1 person likes this.
  3. mdubs

All I can say is amazing. The Plaza Rocks!

4. mdubs

Went with the Color #8 Cap Toe Boot (4060HC) from Alden DC today... Left my Nikon at work, so will post more photos tomorrow. Have a good night y'all.

[​IMG]

-Mike

4 people like this.
  5. mdubs

Those are magnificent. Congratulations!

-Mike

6. mdubs

Yeah, that is a problem... I only recently discovered the awesomeness of Alden boots. It has not been cheap. I am still getting used to walking up and down stairs with them though... LoL.

-Mike

7. dslonghorn4

dslonghorn4 Senior member

Chip -

I'm in agreement with your original post in selling to SF members, but maybe not with the same level of aggression. There really are people on this forum who have good intentions (I feel like I'm one of them) in selling rare shell to members that are not only solid contributors that will truly enjoy the shoes.

I've sold a few shoes on this forum above, at, and significantly below what I paid. I just sold a pair of ravello that likely could have fetched way above my SF asking price on eBay. However, I ended up selling them to someone who was extremely cordial, timely in responding to my PMs, and most importantly mentioned they were his grail/unicorn. They were also sold below my original SF asking price. I can only hope that the members that have purchased my shoes have had a positive experience.

8. TommyB

TommyB Senior member

Some amazing WTBs posted lately! Those and the NSTs/Tankers are my favorite boot make up. The "Indy" on Plaza is up there at the top of the list too. Can't wait to see pictures of the Whiskey WTB when it arrives (unfortunately not at my doorstep...).

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  9. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, looking good

10. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, good shine on your ct

11. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew, the rail on the stairs is your best friend

12. tricky

tricky Senior member

Hi....visiting from the Epaulet thread...

I'm not an Alden guy (have one pair on Aberdeen) but really trying to track down a pair of shell #8 (can be others too) in a boot without a chunky sole that would work with jeans and business casual.

This seems to fit the bill but I'm general 11D and that seems to be the one size they don't have...http://www.fransboonestore.com/collections/alden/products/alden-cordovan-8-parajumper-boots

Any thoughts on where else I should look or if an 11E Grant last would be worth a shot?

Thanks!

13. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Tricky, call Alden DC and ask about #8 captoe boots on Grant last. These are on commando sole but will work great.

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Nice to see you over here...that boot sans brass eyelets is available as a stock Alden model, the 4060. #8 captoe on Grant last. Alden DC generally has a decent stock of it. It's a great boot. For Grabt sizing I would recommend a full size up from your Carmina Rain sizing i.e. I'm 7.5UK in Rain and 8.5US in Grant. As long as you don't feel you have to have an antiqued edge trim boot either Shoe Mart, Alden DC or Alden of Carmel should be able to have something that would work well for you. Once you start looking for a #8 boot with the antique edge trim it gets much more difficult. I know it may seem crazy that simply a different color edge trim changes the landscape of availability so much, but it's the case.

Fire away with some more question and we will try and assist

15. tricky

tricky Senior member

You guys rock...thanks!

16. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Tricky,

Also try Alden NYC. They get a decent stock of 4060 (color 8 Captoe boots on the grant last with leather soles) throughout the year. That store will all occasionally have wingtip boots on the Barrie last. They may not have your size in stock but this type of boot should be achievabke within a year. Alden of Carnel also has a number of color 8 boots on commando soles.

17. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

going to start the Mac method on these today.....so far so good....very comfy right out of the box!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. sazon

sazon Senior member

These look great ! Congrats! Can't wait to see how they break in.

19. Mghart

Mghart Senior member

Those are fantastic! Where are they from?

20. sazon

sazon Senior member

But wait,this is our hobby....:embar:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.