1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 89826

89826 Senior member

Is something going on at Brooks Brothers wrt Alden shell? The stock seems ridiculously low and has been for many months. Almost like the relationship is ending.

2. LeBeef

LeBeef Senior member

That need supply code someone posted back there is killing me right now...Church Hill Indy's for $393.

Must refrain [​IMG]

3. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

anyone have pictures of the Union Hill Indy (tan suede) in the wild?

4. thromb

thromb Senior member

Morning all. Love all the Alden pics posted this past week. Received my AoC ravello LWBs a couple of days ago and just got to unboxing yesterday evening and wanted to share a few pics. What a gorgeous color! :slayer:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  5. thams

thams Senior member

Check out Moulded Shoe. They tend to stock a variety of Modified last shoes and boots. If you're willing to look outside the US then I recommend Anatomica in Paris.

6. thams

thams Senior member

Those are beautiful shoes, but that shade of cigar is not to my taste. That being said, with decent wear and sunlight exposure they should lighten substantially. I would keep these if I didn't already have a #8 PTB in my collection.

7. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I ultimately sent mine back because they were too dark. They had a couple finishing issues that I could have overlooked if they were a nice olive-y cigar. Since they were almost black I figured I might as well just send them back.

8. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

Here are some shots. The first picture was taken immediately after being caught in the rain. Second picture is about 1 month and 4-5 wears later. As you can see, the front of the shoes were not impacted by the rain so there is a clear line across the shoe. Hopefully this will fade over time. Worst case scenario is I will request they get re-dyed when they eventually go back to Alden for restoration:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

I really like the darker Cigar personnally. I only have one more boot to buy, looking for Ravello or cigar plain toe boot on Commando, antique edge preferred. I have never seen the boot for sale in the year I have been following Alden but hopefully one will pop up one day.

Both shoes in the above pics look great

10. thams

thams Senior member

It must have something to do with the way the toe is reinforced or something (total speculation). At least it's not really noticeable in the second picture. Have you applied any conditioners or treatments afterward? BTW, I'm not a huge whiskey fan, but those boots are fantastic.

11. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

Thanks these are shoes, not boots. I usually get around to putting on reno and leather defender after a few wears. It was just unlucky that I got caught in the rain on my second day of wearing these.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  12. mdubs

mdubs Senior member

Those look splendid. Congrats!

13. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

[​IMG]
    taken inside my closet, not natural light

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  14. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

LS is apparently in very good graces with New Balance.

2 people like this.
  15. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

LeatherSoul seems to be consolidating a number of non-shell models - a lot of CXL boots, a lot of suede and a lot of calfskin. Not necessarily a bad collection of offerings - I continue to check their site for new stuff. Before they used to be a top offerer of unique shell offerings, which I have seen a lot less of the past two years. The Alden branded stores, TSM, Leffot, etc seem to be doing better on that front.

16. sevenfoldtieguy

My comment was to the pairing of a natural (basically raw/unfinished/untouched) welt with a black leather upper. The contrast, for me, is simply too striking.

17. Don L

Don L Senior member

Natural CXL Brixton

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

great casual look, Don! Smart move...its freaking gross out today

1 person likes this.
  19. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Yes it is. Wearing brown CXL dovers, today.

20. sevenfoldtieguy

I like those boots. :nodding:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.