1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

Me too RTP, now that the weather has turned, I wear them all weekend and even to the office on casual days. [​IMG]

2. smoothie1

smoothie1 Senior member

I basically agree with RTP. Whiskey WT boots are not something commonly seen or requested. In the past whiskey shell has been saved for more traditional light colored shoe styles, e.g. PTB, LHS, captoe bluchers.

3. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

I can also say that I have never seen a Whiskey WT boot before either, I bought my first pair 6 years ago and in that time the only Whiskey Boots I have seen at shops are the Chukka and the Indy (both at Madison Ave).

Don't get me started on passing on the Whiskey Indy in my size because I didn't think I would wear it..:brick:

4. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

I can confirm that it is indeed on the Plaza, which in my experience is the same size as the equivalent size in the Hamptons last

5. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

Not that I post much, but thought I would jump in on the "exotic" discussion (and I've had a beer or two). I caught the Alden bug 2 years ago, and obviously started with King. But by monitoring this forum, searching the web, and making a few phone calls, I have secured several exotics in the span of 9-12 months. As said earlier, it takes a little a little diligence, willingness to be pull the trigger quickly, and being in the right place at the right time.

The "grails" are a different story...

6. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

nothing like a little drunk posting to make all of us at work feel envious. By the way what you would you consider grails to be?

7. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

I agree...Whiskey WT boot is rare. I was not aware its not been made before. Maybe it was just MTO, or another brand. No doubt theres a few members of SF that does not think Whiskey is a good option in WT boot on commando. The Ravello SW shoe was another rare offer yesterday. I'm not aware of those being available for a long time too. I realize odds on getting one of these type of make ups are slim.

See Ya,
    Steve

8. HenryIII

HenryIII Senior member

For me (and all of this is always based on personal preference): color 2 and 4s (more 4 for me) and really special make ups like agatine eyelets on a ravello LWB (damn you mdubs) or agatine on anything, really. But there are others for others...

9. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

My grail has long been the Ravello NST boot. Once that arrives in 6 months I'll reconsider!

10. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

• I'm w HenryIII and others in the sense that it took some outreach and follow up and giving sincere thanks for help to people like Kathy and other forum members who provide info. And I agree w breck81 , part of the joy is the chase/effort in securing what one considers precious.
    • For me the holy grails are these! A close to once-in-a-lifetime make up.
    • [​IMG]

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

beebs, I thought you were always half crocked

12. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

see, we start agreeing on a few simple things and there you go talking smack again :)

13. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

That explains most of his posts....

14. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

It's probably been said plenty, but those boots in your profile photo [​IMG] . Are those Color 4 WT?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  15. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Pretty sure they are #8 with antique edge. Beebs?

16. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

I thought they may have been, but the color has a bit of orange to it. Almost Ravello, but darker than Ravello.

17. Skatenc123

Skatenc123 Senior member

Jgilbert suede wingtip. So much lighter then shell boots.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Nice combo; looks like me today! [​IMG]

19. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

Anyone know why Alden is so against leaving the outsole natural on shell boots? I spoke to DC and SF and they both said they've requested it but Alden won't do it (except for the one or two special makeups I've seen online). Seems odd considering it's not really extra work.

Black shell with natural outsole would be my dream. I think I saw it on Leathsoul's blog.

20. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this monk-NST was an MTO. Not sure that will ever be possible again??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.