1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Senior member

So what is the difference between putting your name down for a specific make vs getting on the general distribution list? Will they call the people on the "specific makeup" list first, then send out the blast email?

I know for a fact my name is on a few of their lists for specific makeups, but I was also told I would be added to their email list. Maybe they just forgot or haven't gotten around to adding me yet?

2. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

Good question. Unfortunately I do not Madison's policy all that well. I never asked about a specific shoe/boot while I was in the store. I would imagine if you are on a list for a specific shoe ie) Cigar Chukka you would have had the option to buy first. Then it goes to the main list. But again, I could be wrong..

3. LeBeef

LeBeef Senior member

Thanks everyone for your comments yesterday about alpine grain choices. I think I'll be picking up the Shoemart WT boot sometime in the future, as I'm liking the leather sole more.

FWIW, sazon, I also like the light laces in the suede boot.

Lastly, being new to Alden, all this talk about not-so-secret lists is a little discouraging to someone who just appreciates shoes and likes to go out and buy them, but luckily I haven't been bit by the exotic shell bug just yet. At any rate, once I am in the market for rare shells, it does seem easier (as long as I have patience to wait for the fulfillment of all these pre-orders and to do the leg work of getting on said lists) than dealing with what I am more used to in the sneaker world of line-ups, twitter rsvps, bots, early links, etc.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Senior member

Meh a bunch of nonsense about brown shoes that will all be the same color in a few years.

Says the bitter man who has none :)

3 people like this.
  5. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

That's funny. The lady, Chi or whatever her name is, over there told me there are no lists and they don't do exotic shells.

6. thebeebs

thebeebs Senior member

Thanks, Saz, I do like the 401 a lot and it gets a lot of use. I like both lace pairings, but give the nod to the tan, albeit slightly.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  7. stevefok

stevefok Senior member

Congrats to those who got the whiskey WT boot, they must be gorgeous! Fortunately I am not a WT boot guy but I will be extremely upset if it's a Whiskey tanker boot.

8. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

[​IMG]
    My first pair of ravello and they are BEAUTIFUL. I was hemming and hawing over cigar vs ravello and I'm definitely glad I chose these. I hope the leffot daytrippers have this exact shade.
    I passed on the whiskey wingtip boots. Whiskey just doesn't have the same aesthetic appeal to me as ravello and cigar. They would definitely be valuable if I were to start collecting shoes like Mike, although I wont be able to afford 192038102398 pairs of Aldens until I'm out of residency. Congrats to the people who got them though. They seem like a great addition to a collection!

9. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

Congratulations. Beautiful shade. Are these from Alden SF/ AOC or DC?

10. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

11. movoblast

movoblast Senior member

They were from AoC.

12. breck81

breck81 Senior member

I called Leffot a few minutes after the Instagram Post and was added to the order and paid my deposit. They said I was in on this order not just on a future list. So even though you say it was an order confirmation from a pre order from years back, there was still spots. They expect them towards the end of the year. You really just have to be in the right place at the right time and be ready to commit. Leffot and Alden DC have been my favorite people to deal with thus far.

IMO, I like the chase or the hunt for these "grail" boots or "rare makeups". It wouldn't be near as fun if we all got in on all the orders when we wanted. Getting on lists and reading into semi-private posts and hear say are what, to me, make this enjoyable.

"Then again that's just me, and I could be wrong." -Dennis Miller. The smartest thing he ever said:)

13. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[/350/height/700/flags/LL" style="; width: 350px; height: 263px">

nephew, wear your gunboats only in good health

14. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

15. trunks206

trunks206 Senior member

100% disagree. Seems like you just like the hype and not the actual shoes.

As you said the last is different Barrie vs Grant. But also the Leffot one has a punched cap toe design while TSM's offering has a plain captoe.

16. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Congrats my friend, enjoy often and in great health!

17. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Saz, I prefer the Brown Waxed laces myself.

18. breck81

breck81 Senior member

I thought liking the shoes was obvious. Why else we we all be on a forum discussing shoes if we didn't like them. As I said IMO, In My Opinion, it makes it even more fun. It adds to the whole process from searching for a make up to getting on a list to finally getting them and taking them for a stroll.

Makes it fun for me. Sorry it doesn't add to your ultimate enjoyment. For me it does.

19. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Barrie with perf cap toe vs. Grant with straight tip
    Both have flat welt...

Similar but a significant enough difference. I actually prefer the Naval boot, and not for its name.

20. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Those look magnificent. Beautiful shoes!!! No need to collect, just by the shoes you want and like (and can afford) and wear them. -Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.