• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues4life

Reaction score
Winter be damned and I'm thinking about Spring. I need some advice on the Pros and Cons of a lined -vs- unlined suede chukka? I'm leaning towards the lined. ( my feet get kinda sweaty) Any thoughts?

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nice looking 990s sazon. im wearing mine too. my pair is looking "hazy". I have brushed them, but they fog up within minutes of wear. I've tried renovator, alden boot cream, and of course serious brushing. I just ordered renomat. I hope something will help, I would rather not spend $150 sending them to restoration.
DV, stop treating them. Just wipe them with a damp cloth and brush them to death. From your description, they may be saturated with oils....

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bkotsko, that's precisely my size.

Definitely get "Large" (I have 3 pairs) - they'll barely fit over your LWBs (and other Barrie 360-welt shoes) but will be perfect for anything sleeker.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Definitely get "Large" (I have 3 pairs) - they'll barely fit over your LWBs (and other Barrie 360-welt shoes) but will be perfect for anything sleeker.

Large for sure. They barely fit on my 8 Barrie as well

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Large for sure. They barely fit on my 8 Barrie as well
Thanks a lot.

balmoralsoccer

Reaction score
Winter be damned and I'm thinking about Spring. I need some advice on the Pros and Cons of a lined -vs- unlined suede chukka? I'm leaning towards the lined. ( my feet get kinda sweaty) Any thoughts?

seems like unlined would allow your feet to breathe more, since suede is so porous...

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Happy New Year to all Alden fans

Cigar ptb on crepe sole from Fransboone

Fransboone is a little pricey for me to have shipped to the states but when I got wind of this shoe, I was very willing to pay the premium. Unfortunately by the time I found out, they were all gone. An elegantly understated plain-toe style in a rare, but versatile shade of shell, with exposed eyelets and crepe sole. Easily one of the "cooler" styles around. Combo is not bad either. Nicely done.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Could someone list the different online sites that have their own custom alden shoes such as j crew or union made? regular lineup doesnt have a lot of plain toe boots to choose from. thanks

Try:
Leffot
Alden of Carmel
J Gilbert
Epaulet

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shoe shops aside, pretty much every popular menswear store on the planet does an Alden collaboration these days...

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Maiden voyage! Alden x Leffot #8 LWB. Going to start breaking them in on the office carpet today.

nephew,
wear your king gunboats only in good health

Franky Paige

Reaction score
Best looking Alden boots for everyday wear (casual with jeans)? I also want to be able to use them as motorcycle boots. Looked at AF43, Context Tanker, Black Shell Indy w commando sole. I do not own any Alden shoes and appreciate your expertise.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

first work day of the year, its just me and an old sturdy friend

nephew,
looking good in your classic ptb

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ "Best" does not mean much of anything. They are all good looking boots, IMO, and should all do the trick. Get the pair you like the most.

Last edited:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

^ "Best" does not mean much of anything.  They are all good looking boots, IMO, and should all do the trick.  Get the pair you like the most.

Exactly. All Alden boots will do all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads