• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
These are quite dark I think. From more than a couple feet away it was hard to tell these apart (color-wise) from my cigar PTB. Very similar tone. I have four pairs of Alden #8 and they are all diferent shades/ tones. I love that.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maiden voyage! Alden x Leffot #8 LWB. Going to start breaking them in on the office carpet today.

Great looking shoes!!! Hope you brought some boots for the commute home!

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Great looking shoes!!! Hope you brought some boots for the commute home!

You know it! Wore them to work, also, since I only wanted the LWB to touch carpet today!

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first work day of the year, its just me and an old sturdy friend

nice looking 990s sazon.
im wearing mine too. my pair is looking "hazy". I have brushed them, but they fog up within minutes of wear. I've tried renovator, alden boot cream, and of course serious brushing. I just ordered renomat. I hope something will help, I would rather not spend $150 sending them to restoration.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore these over the weekend.
Unlined suede PTB on flex sole.

Kinda sad that the waterproof spray darken the shade a lot.

I think your shoes look great. thanks for sharing your experience with waterproof spray. I will probably not spray my pair, I don't want the color to darken.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nice looking 990s sazon. im wearing mine too. my pair is looking "hazy". I have brushed them, but they fog up within minutes of wear. I've tried renovator, alden boot cream, and of course serious brushing. I just ordered renomat. I hope something will help, I would rather not spend $150 sending them to restoration.
Your 990's work well with the duck canvas pants MrDV. At least you'll have all the shell creams and polishes. Maybe a new brush would do the trick.

Shouldaville

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think your shoes look great. thanks for sharing your experience with waterproof spray. I will probably not spray my pair, I don't want the color to darken.

I haven't noticed a color change using Nano...it's the only one I'll use. I used the AE product once and it also darkened suede.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've used the Saphir suede spray with no darkening effects on my suede. I'll likely try the Nano at some point as well.

CEE88

Reaction score

Maiden voyage! Alden x Leffot #8 LWB. Going to start breaking them in on the office carpet today.

Nice! I ordered a pair of these over the Summer (same time as I preordered the tankers, which arrived Dec 30th) but haven't heard from Leffot yet. Which preorder were these from?

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Nice! I ordered a pair of these over the Summer (same time as I preordered the tankers, which arrived Dec 30th) but haven't heard from Leffot yet. Which preorder were these from?

Thanks, CEE. I pre-ordered these on 7/25 and they shipped on 11/8. I believe these were the first of the two orders.
I also ordered the tankers on the second pre-order and recieved them last week or the week before.

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really had to get use to the barrie and trubalance lasts. Felt a little odd having so much room in the toe box, caused me to second guess my size. Only after numerous measurements did I accept it is just how these lasts are, with that said the heel slip should not be pronounced. I am one that does not believe that issues with fit in store will get dramatically better with time.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics